From Leon Todds Cave: Boss CE-1, ADA MP-1 Chorus & Eventide micropitch

I have seen a lot of effects recreated on here but I have not seen one done for one of the best pedals out there which is the Foxrox Capton Crunch. Awesome pedal.
There is no such pedal. Did you mean Captain Coconut? Quite rare 3 in 1 pedal. I think when doing distortion or fuzz pedals, you really need to have the pedal in person. Modulation and delay are another story, those can be measured (especially pitch, chorus and delay).

Flangers and phasers are a bit more tricky. Vibe effects are phasers, and can be done. They do require specific clips with noise and/or distortion placed before the effect though (to really exaggerate the effect). There is some measuring going on, but it's mostly by ear, and a lot more trail and error.

I did the Phase 90 and EVH flanger a while back, and they turned out really great. I also tried emulating a clone of the Foxx phaser that Brian May used, and could never get close enough to feel comfortable sharing it. Something funky going on that can't be replicated with the current phaser block.

There is no such pedal. Did you mean Captain Coconut? Quite rare 3 in 1 pedal. I think when doing distortion or fuzz pedals, you really need to have the pedal in person. Modulation and delay are another story, those can be measured (especially pitch, chorus and delay).

Flangers and phasers are a bit more tricky. Vibe effects are phasers, and can be done. They do require specific clips with noise and/or distortion placed before the effect though (to really exaggerate the effect). There is some measuring going on, but it's mostly by ear, and a lot more trail and error.

I did the Phase 90 and EVH flanger a while back, and they turned out really great. I also tried emulating a clone of the Foxx phaser that Brian May used, and could never get close enough to feel comfortable sharing it. Something funky going on that can't be replicated with the current phaser block.
sorry fixed my post

Just as a heads up: it looks like there's a modifier set to External 1 on the Eventide block. It turns on the pitch block, even though it doesn't appear to do anything else. Something to be aware of if you're using this block in a preset with another block set to External 1, like a wah. You'll get both wah and pitch.

Just as a heads up: it looks like there's a modifier set to External 1 on the Eventide block. It turns on the pitch block, even though it doesn't appear to do anything else. Something to be aware of if you're using this block in a preset with another block set to External 1, like a wah. You'll get both wah and pitch.
No there is not. It's something on your end, not with the block 😉

No there is not. It's something on your end, not with the block 😉
That's weird. I drag the block into any preset, even a blank preset, the modifier is on there. (Edit: not shown on the block itself, but in Controllers, Modifiers.) But if I place any other pitch block on any preset, there's no modifier. Weird. If it's on my end, apologies.

Last edited:
Incidentally, for whatever it may or may not be worth, I'm also experiencing it in the H3000 preset @2112 posted. No parameters in the pitch block show a modifier, but Controllers - Modifiers shows "01: External 1: Pitch 1" with no parameter indicated. But I can turn off the pitch block manually, then move my expression pedal (on External 1) and it'll turn the pitch block back on. I have to turn the modifier off from the Controllers - Modifiers screen.

Which I have done. So if it's only on my end, I may be cheerfully ignored. :)

Last edited:
Incidentally, for whatever it may or may not be worth, I'm also experiencing it in the H3000 preset @2112 posted. No parameters in the pitch block show a modifier, but Controllers - Modifiers shows "01: External 1: Pitch 1" with no parameter indicated. But I can turn off the pitch block manually, then move my expression pedal (on External 1) and it'll turn the pitch block back on. I have to turn the modifier off from the Controllers - Modifiers screen.

Which I have done. So if it's only on my end, I may be cheerfully ignored. :)
Weird, must be some kinda bug. I mean, it's a modifier that's not connected to anything. I've updated the OP.

Weird, must be some kinda bug. I mean, it's a modifier that's not connected to anything. I've updated the OP.
Yeah, that was basically my motivation for following up: on the off chance it helped identify a bug or something. Thanks for confirming it's not just my system.

Did anything actually happen when you used external 1?
Yeah, if the pitch block was not already on, moving the expression pedal on External 1 turned it on. If it was in a preset with a wah, you'd get both wah and pitch on. Just pitch if no other blocks were using External 1. Besides turning the block on, it had no apparent effect.

Geek question @guitarnerdswe , cos I might not hear the difference anyway... ;)

Do you know if this Micropitch block scales linearly or was it necessary to optimize to one classic setting?

In other words, let's say you've matched it to 9/-9ms [or whatever default it has] — if I set it to 5/-5ms, would it sound like the unit or would it ideally need to be re-matched with the unit?

I'm gonna guess it's very close, but this is such a classic sound that it's worth geeking out on... ;) Maybe you did check several settings.

Thanks a ton for making all of these!

Last edited:
Geek question @guitarnerdswe , cos I might not hear the difference anyway... ;)

Do you know if this Micropitch block scales linearly or was it necessary to optimize to one classic setting?

In other words, let's say you've matched it to 9/-9ms [or whatever default it has] — if I set it to 5/-5ms, would it sound like the unit or would it ideally need to be re-matched with the unit?

I'm gonna guess it's very close, but this is such a classic sound that it's worth geeking out on... ;) Maybe you did check several settings.

Thanks a ton for making all of these!
I actually only checked the factory presets settings. The reason is that I don't think most people did any editing on those presets, and just did "set and forget".

I would guess that changing just the amount you detune is enough.

Back
Top Bottom