From Leon Todd's cave 2: Boss DC-2, Arion SCH-1, EHX Electric Mistress, TC2290 chorus + Sony spiral delay

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
This summer, Leon sent me test clips of some really cool pedals so I could clone them in the Axe-Fx. As always, a huge thanks to him for putting up with my endless "just another clip" ;)

BOSS DC-2 CHORUS
Channels A-D are mode 1-4. Fun fact, mode 4 on the pedal lacks the "high processing" mode of the Dimension D rack unit. So all the different modes are just different speed and depth settings.

ARION SCH-1 CHORUS
Probably the most famous "faux leslie" chorus. Based on Landau's settings. I've included both chorus and flanger block versions. The pedal is a chorus, but the flanger block just sounded closer to my ears, and Leon agreed.

ELECTRO HARMONIX ELECTRIC MISTRESS FLANGER (VINTAGE)
Cool and funky flanger pedal. Ch A and B are Leon's favourite settings. C is rate noon, range max. D is rate min, range max.

SONY DPS-M7 SPIRAL DELAY
This one was quite hard to figure out. For this factory preset, it's basically delay, then panned, and the levels of the 4 "taps" are controlled via LFOs with a special phase relationship (they fade in and out). The effect is akin to an audio representation of a spiral staircase (hence the name). Really cool effect, like a twist on the PCM70s Circular Delay. This is not a block like all the others, but a preset.

TC2290 CHORUS
The thing that really gives the TC2290 it's flavour is it's substantial high end boost. This thing is not flat, and the added highs give it that "hi-fi" sound. Use both the chorus block and parametric EQ block attached below for the full effect. Place them in series. So yes, the added highs are on the whole signal, not just the wet part.

Attachments

• 2290 chorus_GNS v1.0.blk
    440 bytes · Views: 308
  • 2290 pre-EQ GNS v1.0.blk
    491 bytes · Views: 296
  • Arion SCH-1 cho GNS v1.0.blk
    440 bytes · Views: 289
  • Arion SCH-1 flg GNS v1.0.blk
    488 bytes · Views: 281
  • Boss DC-2 GNS v1.0.blk
    438 bytes · Views: 295
  • Electric Mistress 9v GNS v1.0.blk
    498 bytes · Views: 303
  • Spiral delay GNS v1.0.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 289
Those Arion pedals were the first I ever bought back in the late 80s.

I had the Chorus, Flanger and one of the overdrive/distortion pedals (grey and black).

They were solid units for teenage rockers!

I believe Scott Henderson was a big proponent of the SCH-1...

This summer, Leon sent me test clips of some really cool pedals so I could clone them in the Axe-Fx. As always, a huge thanks to him for putting up with my endless "just another clip" ;)

BOSS DC-2 CHORUS
Channels A-D are mode 1-4. Fun fact, mode 4 on the pedal lacks the "high processing" mode of the Dimension D rack unit. So all the different modes are just different speed and depth settings.

ARION SCH-1 CHORUS
Probably the most famous "faux leslie" chorus. Based on Landau's settings. I've included both chorus and flanger block versions. The pedal is a chorus, but the flanger block just sounded closer to my ears, and Leon agreed.

ELECTRO HARMONIX ELECTRIC MISTRESS FLANGER (VINTAGE)
Cool and funky flanger pedal. Ch A and B are Leon's favourite settings. C is rate noon, range max. D is rate min, range max.

SONY DPS-M7 SPIRAL DELAY
This one was quite hard to figure out. For this factory preset, it's basically delay, then panned, and the levels of the 4 "taps" are controlled via LFOs with a special phase relationship (they fade in and out). The effect is akin to an audio representation of a spiral staircase (hence the name). Really cool effect, like a twist on the PCM70s Circular Delay. This is not a block like all the others, but a preset.

TC2290 CHORUS
The thing that really gives the TC2290 it's flavour is it's substantial high end boost. This thing is not flat, and the added highs give it that "hi-fi" sound. Use both the chorus block and parametric EQ block attached below for the full effect. Place them in series. So yes, the added highs are on the whole signal, not just the wet part.

Dude! Thanks so much. I had a TC2290 on my board all the time, first serious effect I got when rocking the mesa & fender tube amps. These other effects will be great to experiment with! 😎

Nick and Leo, legends!!! Thank you so much. Hope you keep on "cracking the classics", because they sound amazing!!!!

If you ever get to do a PT707 or a FL303 I will send both of you a crate of Heineken,,,,,,, :)

Wow. Listening to the Electric Mistress was like going back in time.
I gave mine to a friend in 1983 when I moved to the US.
Loved that sound!
Discovered it with bands like The Cure and Martha and the Muffins (Echo Beach anyone?)
Can’t wait to try the recreations.
Thanks a million guys!!

Back
Top Bottom