From 4 CM to 1 using a patch cable

AllanH

Inspired
Hi all

I am using 4 CM with my mesa lonestar and it sounds great. However there is quite a high noise level doing that (even using hum buster cables) if i just use one CM the noise is gone.
OK I have made my presets to 4CM, but thought using a patch cable on the back of the out 2's on th FX8 should simulate going send/return from the amp FX loop. There is sound, but my delays e (all the post effects)tc are gone, not audible. Can any of you figure out why? I have tried turning my delay up to see if that was it, but nope...

All the best

Allan

describe your cable run in detail. "on the back of the out 2's" doesn't tell it completely and it may be connected incorrectly.

Thanks Chris.

Its connected between IN 2 and OUT 2, tried both the L's and the R's I use teh L's going forward and return from my amp effect loop and that works fine. When I connect the patch cable instead, no sound from the Post effects. The patch cable is brand new high quality cable

You’ve connected zero output to an Input that’s receiving nothing.

Instead, connect Out 1 to In 2. Then Out 2 to your amp.

Read the owners manual to understand the signal path of the FX8.

OK great, thanks Chris you are a star. I'm sure you are right, but why is zero output? That is what I send to the amp fx input?

Arghhh I get it ...... the signal comes from the FX pre section to the amp and return to the FX8... Doing it my way, removed the pre signal to be sent anywhere... thank you Chris you are a star

Back
Top Bottom