Friendly reminder: tell your loved ones you love them

Condolences and prayers to you and your family. Both my kids and grandkids live half a country from us. I understand how that distance can add to the burden of not being together with loved ones in an urgent time of need. Continue to be there for one another in whatever way possible in love and support.

My sincere condolences to you and everyone who knew and loved your mother in law. You are absolutely right...things can change in the blink of an eye. We should cherish the time we have.

Tell your people you love them. Tomorrow is not promised.

When my family finds itself in similar circumstances my mother always says "what a difference a day makes"...tomorrow is indeed not promised.

Her quote runs thru my mind frequently as I like the simply stated perspective and clarity it provides.

Sorry for your loss and condolences to you and your family...

So hard. You get gobsmacked by things like this, and you know the people around you are, as well.

I’ve been fortunate. Last weekend, I travelled to see my dad and celebrate his 90th birthday. This afternoon, I spoke with Mom, who’s 99. I give them more attention these days. Wish I’d done the same 30 years ago.

Peace to you and your family. Grow through it, my brother.

My condolences bro. Yes, take every opportunity and live in each moment, we are not guaranteed tomorrow let alone another breath. Nobody every lies on their deathbed wishing they had one more day to tweak another preset.

To quote Master Oogway from Kung Foo Panda "today is a gift which is why it is called the Present".

I got a call out of the blue today that my mother-in-law was in the hospital, unresponsive. My wife was at an appointment and not able to be disturbed.

An hour later, she was on life support but brain dead.

Now, she's gone. :(

She was living in another state. We last saw her several months ago, and she was planning to visit for Easter to meet her newest great grandson (my grandson) when my daughter's family would also be here from Texas. Sadly, they won't have that chance to meet...

Even sadder... Today was her 72nd birthday.

Tell your people you love them. Tomorrow is not promised.
So sorry for your loss my friend. Wise words you speak.

I lost my Dad a few months ago. So I can relate . We were hanging out . Drinking a beer by the pool. Planning my upcoming Bday dinner. I went home . Next day I got a frantic call from my mom. "Your fathers dying, I don't know what to do"
He had a blood vessel break in his brain. So out of the blue. He was texting my an hour before this happened. Telling me how he bought the Filets, Potatoes...and Corona's . He seemed fine . Was in good health. Just hope he wasn't suffering. Wish I could have been near him holding his hand while he was going through this. Seeing my dad Laying there with a tube in his mouth brain dead was very surreal. I can only imagine what he was going through or thinking while all this was going down. I know he was scared. He always told me...Life is so short. When I saw this post it really hit home. I think musicians are very sensitive people. More so than anyone else. So to see a post like this is not unusual. It is very welcoming. I remember my dad buying my first PV amp in the 80's for Christmas. And a hollow body Ibanez. He busted his ass for me and my family. He was a good dad. Thanks for allowing me to type this...It feels good remembering him. I played a song at his funeral. And instrumental version of " Old rugged Cross" I used the Ax8 with an Orange cab and a Matrix power amp......Had to get that in there!

Weird , My Dad was also 72

I lost my Dad a few months ago. So I can relate . We were hanging out . Drinking a beer by the pool. Planning my upcoming Bday dinner. I went home . Next day I got a frantic call from my mom. "Your fathers dying, I don't know what to do"
He had a blood vessel break in his brain. So out of the blue. He was texting my an hour before this happened. Telling me how he bought the Filets, Potatoes...and Corona's . He seemed fine . Was in good health. Just hope he wasn't suffering. Wish I could have been near him holding his hand while he was going through this. Seeing my dad Laying there with a tube in his mouth brain dead was very surreal. I can only imagine what he was going through or thinking while all this was going down. I know he was scared. He always told me...Life is so short. When I saw this post it really hit home. I think musicians are very sensitive people. More so than anyone else. So to see a post like this is not unusual. It is very welcoming. I remember my dad buying my first PV amp in the 80's for Christmas. And a hollow body Ibanez. He busted his ass for me and my family. He was a good dad. Thanks for allowing me to type this...It feels good remembering him. I played a song at his funeral. And instrumental version of " Old rugged Cross" I used the Ax8 with an Orange cab and a Matrix power amp......Had to get that in there!

Weird , My Dad was also 72
Sorry for your loss and glad this post brought you a little comfort.

Back
Top Bottom