Friedman Smallbox action. I like it!

sounds very good........with 2.04 I also like this amp very much - also for ACDC!

Great tone and playing Burg. ;) EDVH is calling!

Haha. He's probably shaking his head in disgust! :D Still, we can only but try.. :D

really nice play & sound! ...thanks for the preset Burgs :)

Thanks and no problems. Enjoy!

Love your videos and your playing Brett!

Thank you, I'm flattered. Keep rocking!

sounds very good........with 2.04 I also like this amp very much - also for ACDC!

AC/DC, eh? I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

Gheezoo Burg, that tone's got a lot of nice Marshall edge with a generous sprinkling of EVH! That is sweeet! What's your guitar, power amp and speaker setup?

Gheezoo Burg, that tone's got a lot of nice Marshall edge with a generous sprinkling of EVH! That is sweeet! What's your guitar, power amp and speaker setup?

The guitar is a custom Strat-like thing that my friend Rob Buitenhuis from Melbourne built for me. It's packing Kinman P90-Buckers. Big wide neck, easy for rocking! No power amp or speaker per se, it's all Axe-FX II (Friedman Smallbox and Cab103) straight to Pro Tools with a Waves Limiter (L3-16) pinned on at the end to keep the levels in check. And that's it. Pretty easy. You know I put the preset link up top, right? Give it a shot. :)

Hey @Burgs I have a question for you when it comes to your compressor. I just happened to stumble on a demo you did for the Cali76 and was wondering if that is what you based your compressor settings on? Also, how close do you think the Axe compressors come to the quality and sound of the Cali76? I am debating on trying the actual pedal out because I have never been really happy with the compressor in the Axe..... just curious as to how you would compare the 2 since you have had or still do have your hands on both units.

Hey @Burgs I have a question for you when it comes to your compressor. I just happened to stumble on a demo you did for the Cali76 and was wondering if that is what you based your compressor settings on? Also, how close do you think the Axe compressors come to the quality and sound of the Cali76? I am debating on trying the actual pedal out because I have never been really happy with the compressor in the Axe..... just curious as to how you would compare the 2 since you have had or still do have your hands on both units.

I couldn't really compare the Axe compressors to the Cali76, which is a straight up 1176 clone. I love them both but I've never tried to emulated the Origin Effects device with the Axe-FX. I usually try to find a compression ratio of about 4:1 with no tone loss, little or no bloom and perhaps a 1-2dB volume boost. If I can achieve this with any compressor (the Free The Tone Silky Comp and OKKO Cocaine are great as well) then that's all I want, really. The old or original version of the Dynacomp that was around in '76 or thereabouts was good for that too. While the compressor in the Axe doesn't seem to be as dramatic as some of those mentioned above, it has proven to be useful and satisfactory for me when dialling up the effect described above and for that reason it's OK by me.

Back
Top Bottom