Friedman Smallbox 50

sarge

Power User
Oh damn.

This is the amp I have wanted since the Axe FX Ultra first modeled the Marsha.

50 watt brown eye with a footswitchable Clean/Plexi channel and loop.

Going to think on it for a couple days but I may be selling some gear (non axe fx of course) to fund this bad boy.

Destroy All Guitars - Friedman SmallBox 50

Yep, been eyeing that bad boy as well. I’m hoping though that Dave will make a 1x12 combo like the current Dirty Shirley combo.

WOW :shock... the small box cuts way better then the Cantrell model. Even with the volume differences you can hear how much better the small box cuts, that thing is a monster... just like it's price tag.

Going to be picking one of these up in a few weeks, I'll remember to post my thoughts in this thread. Considering the Be100 is i think 3800, its a pretty good deal (even though still pricey).

Yeah, I don't mind giving up the two amps I have to get it. But given the price I would have to part ways with one of my guitars as well, most likely my Les Paul Standard. And it's the first Les Paul I have owned that I have liked.

Damn, really going to think on this one for a few days.

I have the same experience as the rest of you seem to have, tried it out at the Hollywood Guitar Center next to a BE100 and a Soldano SLO100. Kicked both their asses. It's the first amp I've tried since I bought my Axe that made me think long and hard.

Lucky for me, someone went and bought it later that day so I couldn't play it again :lol

Wow, this looks hot. Depending on how some of my stocks do, this may see its way into my collection. My teacher has a Brown Eye and it is indeed a stellar amp.

I'm sure this would pair very well with the AxeFX providing the effects.

like someone else said, it's one of the very few amps that made me seriously go back to an amp rig. completely inspiring, and sounded much better than the BE that was sitting right beside it.

Ok mine came today. All I have to say is...wow. Best amp I've ever played (for my tastes). For recording I am using a Two Notes Torpedo live so i still need to find the right cab/mic IR for this amp but its already sounding good. My mind = blown.

Ok mine came today. All I have to say is...wow. Best amp I've ever played (for my tastes). For recording I am using a Two Notes Torpedo live so i still need to find the right cab/mic IR for this amp but its already sounding good. My mind = blown.

What do you think about the plexi channel (or atleast I understood the cleaner channel to be the plexi channel)?

Does it do a good 1959 superlead at less then earbleeding volumes?

What do you think about the plexi channel (or atleast I understood the cleaner channel to be the plexi channel)?

Does it do a good 1959 superlead at less then earbleeding volumes?

I love it, sounds fantastic. I'm using it mostly for just a clean (where it will break up if i hit super hard, but its mostly clean) but i also tried it with the gain cranked and it had some sweet rock tones going on

I've never played a 1959 Superlead so hard to say!

Back
Top Bottom