Friedman HBE with C45 switch

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
Is there some settings in the preamp section of the amp block that would get me closer to this? The EQ gets me in the ballpark but something is definitely missing.

I havn't tried the real Friedman with c45, but play with the AMP block saturation switch and settings if its more gain you are after. The amp EQ might get you to shape the voicing. Set up X/Y so you can compare tones with and without saturation modes. Also, the AMP block input boost switch is worth a mention as well.

I'm hoping someone that is in the know can chime in. Maybe a notch filter after the amp block if the correct freq was known. I've seen mention of this in the wiki to simulate similar switches in other amp models.

I'm hoping someone that is in the know can chime in. Maybe a notch filter after the amp block if the correct freq was known. I've seen mention of this in the wiki to simulate similar switches in other amp models.

A notch filter? C45 is a treble boost on the input. Put a filter block before the amp as follows:
Type: Tilt EQ
Freq: 700 Hz
Gain: 4.5 dB

Thank you sir! I did find a schematic and it looks like the switch affects the filter network before the third stage (in hbe mode). I was gearing up to do the math but no need now. I guess It makes more sense to put the filter on the input in light of this also. I will give this a try ASAP. I got pretty close with the geq and a peaking filter after the amp about 2.5db at 600 hz but this should be better. What's missing is string separation and the low end on the real amp has more of a hollow sound. Seems like some freqs still need to be cut out somewhere. I've got my Friedman setup in 4cm so I can a/b back and forth. I'll see if I can find a way to record a comparison once I get it a bit closer.

Back
Top Bottom