Friedman HBE (ultra)

cgraci

Inspired
Hey I was just curious why no one ever talks about this amp sim. I'm so happy with it that I don't even want to use any other. I always see people make patches with all other amps but not this amp. Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did pair it up with dasmetal but I always go back to it by itself. I'm sure it sounds even better with axe II

That and the Carol Ann are two of my favs. Both are programed into my foot controller. They get even better
when I go wet/dry ( with a tube power amp on the dry side).

Hey I was just curious why no one ever talks about this amp sim. I'm so happy with it that I don't even want to use any other. I always see people make patches with all other amps but not this amp. Anyone?
Your favorite CABs to go with? Thanks.

The HBE is widely considered killer on the Axe. There was much hubbub when it was first released. It's just been around a while. I think it's a goto sim for many modded Marshall guys.

On the Axe-II the Friedman BE was my absolute favorite model. I played other models but 99% of the time I was playing the Friedman.

I sold my Axe-FX II to pay down some divorce debt but recently picked up an Ultra. To my delight and relief, the Friedman BE sounds great on the Ultra also.

Friedman BE is the awesome amp simulation on Axe,and mu favorite sound !!!;)
I add FILTER with setup (up mid)..some think like MID Boost..GREAT for solo.. Super!!

Last edited:
for live i usually cycle between the hbe, recto orange, 5150, slo 100, i forgot what the bogner one is i use, and the powerball one. for recording its usually the other friedman and what ever else works. but i always start with the other friedman for recording.

I have to agree, the Friedman BE and the CAE amps have been my favorites lately but I do have a lot more axe editing to do...!:encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom