Friedman HBE Quantum 2.03 Progressive Metal

wow i like this HBE very much... did you try the new voicing added in firmware 2.04?

what drum sim did you use?
Thank man :) yeah new HBE is tasty :D for drums i'm using as always superior drummer, metal machine with avatar nir-z snare and avatar rooms, sometimes i'm reinforcing with other drum packs like drumforge or steven slate or i'm triggering, but i'm always blending 50/50. I'm still waiting to order slate digital plugins. This is just a quick mix test, there's still alot of work on kick drum, bass guitar and master buss. :)

Thank man :) yeah new HBE is tasty :D for drums i'm using as always superior drummer, metal machine with avatar nir-z snare and avatar rooms, sometimes i'm reinforcing with other drum packs like drumforge or steven slate or i'm triggering, but i'm always blending 50/50. I'm still waiting to order slate digital plugins. This is just a quick mix test, there's still alot of work on kick drum, bass guitar and master buss. :)

Ok you have peeked my interest! What is avatar rooms? and is the Nir-z snare part of the avatar kit?

Edit: Nevermind I see it in the avatar kit. The Nir-Z Custom. For some reason mine never sounds as beefy as yours did though!

Last edited:
Ok you have peeked my interest! What is avatar rooms? and is the Nir-z snare part of the avatar kit?

Edit: Nevermind I see it in the avatar kit. The Nir-Z Custom. For some reason mine never sounds as beefy as yours did though!
when you're adding avatar nir z snare with x drum into metal machine than you have an option to add aditional microphones, rooms, far room, and ambient, or reverb, add them all, compression is the key for punch in the snare, play with that, but if you want it large, it's all in the room microphones, and years of experience :)

Last edited:
Can you share your Amp/Cab/Drive(if there is) settings please? like a screenshot from ax-edit maybe? (Can't ask for a preset, i use AX-8)

Back
Top Bottom