Friedman HBE - Periphery "Luck As A Constant" Solo Recording (Cover)

Don7v

Hey all,

FRIEDMAN HBE = hugest, fattest & most juicy tone I've heard so far.

I really like the vibe of this solo so I figured to test it in combination to very vibrant, colourful and exceptionally phrased solo that Misha Mansoor nailed on Luck As A Constant off of Periphery II album.

Neck pickup on my Mayones Regius Gothic 6M is a Bareknuckle Nailbom.

I literally can't get enough of this lead tone. So eargasmingly satisfying.

Same here on me ipad

Sorry guys, forgot to mention that for some stupid reason I got a notice for copyright infringement. Yes, this had to happen to MY video. Anyways, the whole deal is that it will play only in your pc/mac. It will not play on any sort of tablet or other mobile device (iPhone, S3 etc.)

I tried my PC at home and work. Still giving me the copyright thing. Go to your video settings and acknowledge the 3rd party content and it should show. I have had that on a few of my videos. Youtube can be gifted sometimes.

Nice, if all else fails use soundcloud. Good job on the solo. Def my favorite on the album. I remember the first time I heard that song, gave me chills during the buildup. Keep rocking it man.

Blocked on Twitter too. I found SoundClick to be more forgiving of the whole copyright issue. I posted a clip a week or so ago on Soundcloud and they blocked it, but I was able to post it on SoundClick.

The HBE is nice, but it's still vintage-y, and difficult to get a 'modern' tone out of without using a bunch of delay and reverb.

Great tone, love the HBE too.

Btw, what was that you were picking with? Looked like half a deck of playing cards!

Wow man, awesome! Just tried my hand at learning this solo and discovered that neither my legato or my alternate picking techniques are fast enough to play those triplets in the first solo, looks like I got something to work on!

Back
Top Bottom