Friedman HBE 2010

Unboxed

Inspired
I've always been a Marshall and Mesa Boogie amp guy, but ever since I bought the Axe Fx 3, the Friedman is my GO TO. It sounds SOOOO damn good. If the real thing sounds this good, I'm tempted AF to buy one (yeah I'm a gear junkie).

Anyone else discovered amp models you've never played on the actual amp that gave you a "holy shit" reaction on a Fractal unit?

The Deluxe Verb Normal. Stumbled across a preset by Leon that had the gain dimed and it was a holy cow moment for me. Never thought it could get that nasty.

One that lived up to the hype and was on my radar to try is the Nuclear Tone (Swart AST). Great amp.

I honestly expected to like the JP2C amps a lot but I end up trying to deflub the Recto, or fall back to a 5153, JVM, or Friedman.

If you’re really looking at Friedmans, pick through their product line. Lots of gems there better than the BE100. Phil X, SS100, JJ all to me do something not as generic. Hard to beat a BE, but his other amps do.

If you’re really looking at Friedmans, pick through their product line. Lots of gems there better than the BE100. Phil X, SS100, JJ all to me do something not as generic. Hard to beat a BE, but his other amps do.
Thanks man! I probably won't ever buy a real amp again, haha. I love the idea, but then I start mucking with effects in the loop and it makes me want to smash baby kittens.

I've always been a Marshall and Mesa Boogie amp guy, but ever since I bought the Axe Fx 3, the Friedman is my GO TO. It sounds SOOOO damn good. If the real thing sounds this good, I'm tempted AF to buy one (yeah I'm a gear junkie).

Anyone else discovered amp models you've never played on the actual amp that gave you a "holy shit" reaction on a Fractal unit?
I know how you feel. The Friedman models sound so good in the AF3 I was tempted to pick up a BE Deluxe to use on the side (or with 4CM). Then I saw the price!!! Think I'll stick with what I have. :)

Back
Top Bottom