Friedman Goes Modelling

Its obvious that the future is digital. And sure, just like some people still enjoy riding horses, where's they are not really used to transport any more, and some people will still enjoy taking a petrol car out for a Sunday drive where's in 30 years you'd probably struggle to find places to fill them up. Some people will still be swearing by tube amps 30 years for now, although you're probably struggle finding replacement tubes. The overwhelmingly majority of people will only play digital amps of some form. I think Fender nailed it with the Tone Master series, and it wouldn't surprise me if more companies will go down that route. There will always be people like us and our Axe Fx variants, with our menus and programming and stuff, and there will always be people that just want to have an amp with a few knobs to turn and that's it. And currently, there's not a lot of good digital alternatives for people in the latter camp. Sure, a lot of them are still using tube amps and I think that will change over the next decade or so.

I'm wondering why this is just coming out now? I was at NAMM like 4 years ago and they had a Friedman plug in (that was supposedly about to launch) in their little studio room.
The Rep told us how it was 'so much better' than stuff like Fractal Audio. I chuckled and said - uh huh.

5 minutes later, one of my friends (who is a killer player and a tube snob), was playing one of the HBE's (that the same Rep set up for him to play). My buddy is playing for 2 min...and Friedman walks over and literally pulls the 1/4 out of the guitar and says - sorry guys, I need to borrow this. He then plugged someone else into another amp, and we just sat there being shocked that he was so rude. Zero love for that guy. I'd play a Line6 pocket pod before I bought one of his products.

I'm wondering why this is just coming out now? I was at NAMM like 4 years ago and they had a Friedman plug in (that was supposedly about to launch) in their little studio room.
The Rep told us how it was 'so much better' than stuff like Fractal Audio. I chuckled and said - uh huh.

5 minutes later, one of my friends (who is a killer player and a tube snob), was playing one of the HBE's (that the same Rep set up for him to play). My buddy is playing for 2 min...and Friedman walks over and literally pulls the 1/4 out of the guitar and says - sorry guys, I need to borrow this. He then plugged someone else into another amp, and we just sat there being shocked that he was so rude. Zero love for that guy. I'd play a Line6 pocket pod before I bought one of his products.
You sure it was a native VST, not the UAD plugin that's been out for a while?

it's intended as english internet speak. ;) LOL = Laugh Out Loud. LUL = a funnier way to say LOL. but someone came up with a "real" meaning and it's "Lame Uncomfortable Laugh" - i disagree. LUL is just a misspelled way to say LOL like many other internet words these days, like PWN.

i hope nobody speaks dutch! i don't and didn't mean that!! :O
At first I though it.. lull... as in...late to the game

You sure it was a native VST, not the UAD plugin that's been out for a while?
Good question - I don't know. I was annoyed enough by the Rep that I didn't ask a single question.
My only impression was - ok, software modelling is only cool now because YOU'RE selling it?....and that Friedman was a complete d*ck

Good question - I don't know. I was annoyed enough by the Rep that I didn't ask a single question.
My only impression was - ok, software modelling is only cool now because YOU'RE selling it?....and that Friedman was a complete d*ck

Does have a little bit of the god complex. Seems like it's prevalent everywhere, get told your stuff is the great, you are a genius enough times... it all goes to the head. Very few people in any part of the music industry are grounded in my experience.

Reactions: jon
In Dutch that means something completely different.
it's intended as english internet speak. ;) LOL = Laugh Out Loud. LUL = a funnier way to say LOL. but someone came up with a "real" meaning and it's "Lame Uncomfortable Laugh" - i disagree. LUL is just a misspelled way to say LOL like many other internet words these days, like PWN.

i hope nobody speaks dutch! i don't and didn't mean that!! :O

I do. And I was LOLing when I saw it. And thankfully not having something to drink.

Back
Top Bottom