Friedman Dirty Shirley suggestions?

Random Hero

Inspired
Still getting to grips with this model though I LOVE it with my Tele.

Just wondering how you guys are running it, EQ and cab wise? Currently running a combo of 103 and 132 together, panned 20/20, but the EQ is set pretty flat, maybe a little less bass and a little more mids and treble.

Any suggestions welcome.

Still getting to grips with this model though I LOVE it with my Tele.

Just wondering how you guys are running it, EQ and cab wise? Currently running a combo of 103 and 132 together, panned 20/20, but the EQ is set pretty flat, maybe a little less bass and a little more mids and treble.

Any suggestions welcome.

I LOVE the Dirty Shirley with my Friedman ASC-12 and Les Pauls, one of the best sounds in the AX8... I'll look at my settings when I get home but I'm pretty sure I use the 7-band eq and keep everything else in the amp block flat and the gain is low.

However, It doesn't sound quite as good going the FOH route so I'm also interested to see how others are using theirs

~ss

Try the drive at 5, bass at 4ish, mids up to 7.5 or so, treble 5-6, and presence 3 to 5.

I'd use good greenback IRs for this amp -- it's a great amp with JTM45 DNA (like a modern version of that) to my ears.

I love this one too. Like a much ballsier JTM45. But unlike the 45, you don't have to keep the bass low. The only thing strange for me with the Shirley is that its output level seems WAY lower than the other models. Typically I'm at -12 on the output but with this one it has to be in the -4 range to even be heard. I'm messed with the master but no matter what it just seems to need way more boost at the output.

Back
Top Bottom