Friedman Dirty Shirley model?

SubKrypt

Ive seen some people talk about the Dirty Shirley model on axe fx - from what I can see it only has the BE and small box models. Is this correct?

There are 2 dirty Shirley models in the axefx3, and more than one be/hbe also.

Dirty Shirley Models:
  1. current version of the original amp
  2. earlier version of the original amp with some different component values, a little more aggressive than the regular model

There are 2 dirty Shirley models in the axefx3, and more than one be/hbe also.

Dirty Shirley Models:
  1. current version of the original amp
  2. earlier version of the original amp with some different component values, a little more aggressive than the regular model
Thanks - what is the axe fx name for them? Its weird cause I bought the Austin Buddy naked amp pack and it only shows the BE and Small box models, not the dirty shirley

Tried it last night, dug it, thinks for the steer.

I expected more gain though. It's a nice medium crunch with input gain dimed and my EJ strat. By Friedman's reputation I thought it'd be hotter. Kicking it up with a bit of saturation was cool, not always the case.

Nice amp. There are a lot of those in here :)

I notice one Friedman variation that is not in the box is the 'Buxom Betty', although I've found a thread here where folks have tried to reproduce its character.

Anyone that owned the real thing wish to chime in about how that attempt fared?

Thx!
Joce

I really like the Dirty Shirley models. They have this great squish to every note that is gratifying to play through. It's great for more classic rock. Put a TS style pedal in the front and it tightens up enough do metal that requires more articulation while still having that feel to it. It's a lot of fun.

I notice one Friedman variation that is not in the box is the 'Buxom Betty', although I've found a thread here where folks have tried to reproduce its character.

Anyone that owned the real thing wish to chime in about how that attempt fared?

Thx!
Joce

Universal Audio has the Buxom Betty sim and it is off the carts good IMO. Would love to have that amp available in our III.

I thought the Buxom Betty was just a blackface circuit optimized for pedals?

Based on the previous thread in this forum (an attempt at reproducing the Buxom Betty in the Axe-Fx II)

"it's a Fender tonestack into a JTM45 power section"

Tried it last night, dug it, thinks for the steer.

I expected more gain though. It's a nice medium crunch with input gain dimed and my EJ strat. By Friedman's reputation I thought it'd be hotter. Kicking it up with a bit of saturation was cool, not always the case.

Nice amp. There are a lot of those in here :)
It's not a high gain amp...if you want that it's the BE or HBE. It's a more classic amp, like others have said.

It's not a high gain amp...if you want that it's the BE or HBE. It's a more classic amp, like others have said.
Nah, I'm not a high gain guy really at all. Most of my presets have scenes ranging from mostly clean to pretty dirty, but no chug etc.

I really like the amp, my vague and unfounded expectations aside.

I'm just gonna bump this thread. I had goofed with this model a while back and just stumbled back across it looking for a Greg Howe type fusion lead tone. I put a Tube Driver 3-knob in front of it and it is just a sticky, articulate dirty tone, with just the right amount of sustain. I'm really, REALLY digging it.

Back
Top Bottom