Friedman BE II patch demo

Glenn DeLaune

Inspired
Here is a short sample of my Friedman BE II patch. This uses the same amp across all 4 bottom row scenes so the switching between them is totally gapless. I'm using the modifiers to adjust the inout gain and gain parameters for all 4 scenes.
Scene 1: Clean (Not Crystal Clean but if you roll back your volume just a tiny bit it will be totally clean)
Scene 2: Crunch
Scene 3: Gain
Scene 4: Lead (Not a scene but a Control Switch that engages a drive pedal an EQ and a Ducking Delay that will give you some nice trails at the end of a lead passage)

Top row from left to right:
Chorus On/Off, Drive pedal On/Off, Flanger On/Off, Delay On/Off (not the delay used for leads but another delay you can toggle on or off at any time). Enjoy

Sounds great! Really liked when you kicked on the chorus for the extra grease towards the end! Sounded awesome.

awesome and where can i download the patch at?
is it available for download?
Hi Kev, this is part of my very first commercial patch release for the AX8 due out in a few weeks. If you want to try my free patches I have uploaded at least 10 patches onto the AxChange. These are the patches I am currently using for my live shows so they're battle tested & ready!!. Just do a search for my name and you'll find them. Thank you Sir.

Awesome! When you kick in the chorus towards the end, is that doubled sound on the lead just you playing right there, or is some of the lead double tracked? If it's just the chorus, that's really impressive!!

Glenn, you have mentioned a "Control Switch" in this and other posts. I'm very familiar with scenes and scene controllers, but I'm not clear on what you are doing to engage multiple blocks without using Scene functionality. Can you elaborate?

Scene 4: Lead (Not a scene but a Control Switch that engages a drive pedal an EQ and a Ducking Delay that will give you some nice trails at the end of a lead passage)
EDIT: did a quick read of the AX8 Manual and was not aware of the Control Switches (I've not used this feature before). I'm wondering what the advantage(s) is/are to using the Control Switch over using scenes.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what the advantage(s) is/are to using the Control Switch over using scenes.

The way I use it is some of the songs I play in my set use a Clean sound, light Crunch sound and a Gain sound so i set those up on scenes 1 thru 3. Then I have my CTL Switch 1 switch on Scene 4 set up as a lead boost. It turns on my Lead delay, Graphic EQ. So scenes 1 thru 3 can each have a lead boost at any time I'm on any of those scenes. Hope that makes sense. It's kinda hard to explain.

The way I use it is some of the songs I play in my set use a Clean sound, light Crunch sound and a Gain sound so i set those up on scenes 1 thru 3. Then I have my CTL Switch 1 switch on Scene 4 set up as a lead boost. It turns on my Lead delay, Graphic EQ. So scenes 1 thru 3 can each have a lead boost at any time I'm on any of those scenes. Hope that makes sense. It's kinda hard to explain.

Thanks... that makes sense. I normally use 1 preset per song, so I have a finite set of tones in each preset. I've been wanting to go more towards using a set of "core tones" and your approach definitely makes that more achievable.

Back
Top Bottom