Friedman BE/HBE Thump Values?

Reading things randomly in the forum, it seems that people like the « before Cygnus » sound more and more 🤔
I would not say that, basically except friedmans and diezels, I like cygnus more overall, so again, not a problem for me.
Even friedmans can sounds amazing with some tweaks (low cut at input, depth frequency, bright switch on, etc). But I am not going to do that, if there are models, which sounds killer with no tweaking. 🤷‍♂️🤗

Reading things randomly in the forum, it seems that people like the « before Cygnus » sound more and more 🤔
Yes and no… I do love Cygnus and I will not go back in Firmware but yeah my personal thoughts are that some amps, specially the Friedman BE/HBE were sounding better before. (I also miss the BE Deluxe)
The BE always was my favorite amp and now I have serious problems to get the sound from it that I want. I have owned a BE100 Deluxe by the way and I could easily nail that Sound before.

But yeah actually my new favorite amps are the Cameron’s and the Mark IV.

Let’s see what further Firmware will change.

Yes and no… I do love Cygnus and I will not go back in Firmware but yeah my personal thoughts are that some amps, specially the Friedman BE/HBE were sounding better before. (I also miss the BE Deluxe)
The BE always was my favorite amp and now I have serious problems to get the sound from it that I want. I have owned a BE100 Deluxe by the way and I could easily nail that Sound before.

But yeah actually my new favorite amps are the Cameron’s and the Mark IV.

Let’s see what further Firmware will change.
Do you remember what FW or beta FW the be deluxe was on ? I must’ve missed it, and I’m a little bored… curious to go back & try it 😁

it seems that people like the « before Cygnus » sound more and more 🤔
I'm going to echo what has already been said by the others here. Cygnus sounds wonderful! I use various other amps and they all sound perfect. But the Friedmans had some magic that they seem to have lost in Cygnus; I used to use the HBE C45 2018 for all my high gain needs, but now I've experimented a lot since Cygnus was released and now I am at the BE V1 with the Depth Frequency lowered to 120Hz. The HBEs are too dense and fuzzy, the chugs aren't clear and satisfying anymore. The BEs seem to be a bit more open and their input EQ has a low cut that is closer to the Ares (and before) HBEs. There was some discussion about this during and after release, but it seems like people have just learned to live with it now.

P.S.- again, if it sounds like I'm complaining, I am not! My tone is excellent and surpasses any other rig I can think of in my situation. But I am slightly miffed about the Friedmans in Cygnus.

I also found myself using the Friedmans less and less, but now I'm using Marshalls more (which I hardly used before), as well as the Camerons. I wouldn't go back as their still that extra something that brings a smile to my face w/ Cygnus. 😁

Back
Top Bottom