Friedman BE/HBE SAT switch

Kamspro

Hi fine folks!
I have been trying out the sat switch on the Friedman models and have noticed that the Saturation Drive is default on 4(like any other amp), while other amps that use the diode/jose sat switch have another default value. (Atomica high: 3, CCV: 3.330 or 10, Brit Brown: 6.667).

Im going for a Friedman JJ100 tone, and know its a BE-style with sat switch on but with a little fatter sound.
Any recommendations on Sat drive setting that could be authentic to the real amp?

I prefer to set it to ideal rather than authentic. I find a value of around 2 to work well but as for the real life amp....dunno sorry :)
I'm not entirely sure finding the right value will give you the JJ100 either, i'm sure there are other differences...

I prefer to set it to ideal rather than authentic. I find a value of around 2 to work well but as for the real life amp....dunno sorry :)
I'm not entirely sure finding the right value will give you the JJ100 either, i'm sure there are other differences...

yeah i know there is more to the JJ100 or Butterslax than just the SAT, but i also know they both use a diode.

Back
Top Bottom