Friedman ASM-12 for bass?

DLW

Inspired
Newer to bass. Normally play guitar and jam with my brother in law on drums in his basement for fun.

I have a bass amp and guitars amps but looking to let those finally go and stick with AXE FX 3 and looking at my speaker options on hand

1- Bugera Veyron tube preamp head and Bugera 1-15” bottom. I could go into the effects return with the Axe and use the Bugera head as a power slave and the 1-15” in the Bugera cab could handle the bass. Ideally I would like to downsize and get rid of the Bugera gear though but only if other options are sufficient.

2- I have a pair of older Harbinger 15” powered PA speakers with a tweeter too. Should have enough power to handle the bass with just a drummer. My concern is would they sound like crap and fart out or sound muddy and just not do the AXE justice.

3-I have a Friedman ASM-12 for guitar and was wondering if it can handle bass pumping thru it and would it be enough to keep up with a drummer. This would be my ideal situation as I could just leave one piece of gear at my brother in laws for guitar and bass. I do have a Behringer 2092A subwoofer I could add to the Friedman ASM-12 to cover some more bass range and power if needed. The subwoofer is huge though and the Friedman is not exactly size and shape friendly so the two of those would take up a decent amount of space. You could almost fit the two Harbinger 15” powered speakers in the same space the Behringer sub takes.

Those are my options on hand. But mainly posting to ask about using the Friedman for bass in a practice jam setting if it can handle playing bass thru it with a drummer or at all.

Any input appreciated. Thank you!

I received an email back from Friedman saying it was fine to run bass thru the ASM-12. Will have to see if it can keep up with running bass along side a drummer. Maybe it will be without other instruments in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom