FRIEDMAN ASM-12, EV ZLX-12P

Same here. I did a lot of thinking about coax vs. physically separated woofer and tweeter and felt the coax would work better since all the sound would emit from the same point.

From day 1 of listening to a Coaxial monitor using the AXE FX or AX8 it has been my preferred way to listen to an amp modeler, to me it just sounds more guitar speaker like whether using it for back line or fold back or in the bedroom.

Yes my friend got the Friedman ASM 12 and its bloody awkward to carry. We did a comaprison with my Matrix Q12a which is only 15 Kg and Matrix sounded better. He's trying to sell it in Germany but can't find a buyer.

Hi Tony !
First post here. Hope you are doing well and getting accustomed to your new appartment and the new suburb area.

I actually decided to keep the Friedman at home, I kinda like it and tweaked all my presets on it. I'm going wireless 4-way pro in ears for monitoring, so nothing to carry anymore. It all fits in the pocket of my small case and with two channels on the unit I can mix my own mic and the Axe8 in ears. Or I can use the monitor mix (if any ...) and the Ax8, whichever is more convenient. I just checked a Yamaha DXR8 and will be getting one of those, if anyone on stage needs to hear me. Easy to handle and sounds great and you get them cheap second hand. And the are LOUD !

Next step for me is to rent a pro stage with a pro PA for an hour or two, to make sure my presets won't blow anyone out of the place with the highs/lows. There's a nice new venue in Barnerstrasse, near Fabrik. They rent out their stage for €25 per hour. Maybe you would like to join (my treat ... :)), your expertise is always appreciated.

See you soon, Todde

Hi Todde, welcome to the fractal family. Well nice to hear it all worked out fine with your Friedman ASM 12. For the moment I can't chim in with the pro stage venue for the time being, I have to sort out other things after splitting up with my girlfirend. But thanks for the offer - perhabs later might be a good idea. ;)

You're going to be in treat when you get fw 8.01 with your Ax8 - its killer!

Back
Top Bottom