Friedman ASC-12....Worth it?

sgb1

Hey everybody! Here's where I'm at. I play my Axe-Fx III at home only. I'm currently running it through a pair of Presonus Eris E8's with the matching sub. I just bought a Mesa Boogie Mark 5:25 1x10 combo for $1800 including the tax. I already have a Mesa JP2C so I'm thinking that the Mark 5 is sort of redundant and I can still return it to Sweetwater. Seeing that I already have the $1800 spent would a pair of ASC-12's be that much better for running the III through? Would the ASC-12's be significantly better then the Line 6 Powercabs that cost half as much for the pair? Or the Headrush that are half as much as the Powercabs? Money really isn't an issue but at some point you reach the point of minimized returns. Do the ASC-12's sound good at lower volume or do they have to be opened up for their full potential? Thanks to all in advance!

they would be much better than the Powercabs, but they aren't exactly accurate if accuracy is your goal.

I run my CLR left channel and ASC-12 right channel. They both sound great at low and higher volume. Maybe my ears are toast, but, I don't hear the "HUGE" difference that others claim between them.

So IMO, you can't go wrong with it for studio, bedroom or live use. But, it is a heavy beast to load out !!!!!!!!!

I have Headrush, ASC-12 and ASC-10 and more...as well as AXE Fx3 and FM3.
If you AB test ASC-10 with its big brother, you will notice low-end more tight,
not so boomy as is well known to big brother's users... Aside from those cabs,
if I was in your shoes, I will pick up Aspen's Central Point Stereo XL...3D sound.
You better consult with Sweetwater sales engineer, and hope to see and listen
what it actually sounds...you will be shocked as soon as listen the CPS sound, I bet.

I’d recommend the Atomic CLR but actually getting hold of one has become a real challenge. The PowerCab sounds like it has a blanket over it in comparison, and I thought that it sounded good until I got the CLR. The Line 6 StageSource speakers might be another option. To my ears, they lie between the PowerCab and the CLR.

Back
Top Bottom