Friedman ASC 12 questions. :-)

Lenster

Inspired
Friedman ASC12 arrived today. How do you guys set the HPF? on or off? I had it set on this arvo and it felt a tad anaemic. Also are you running AX8 at +4db or -10db ? Lots of readjusting to my patches needed.

Just curious @Lenster, what was your previous setup before using the ASC? I'm wondering what you would have dialled your patches in on - for example if you had dialled them in on headphones then the ASC will probably sound very different to what you expect.

Just curious @Lenster, what was your previous setup before using the ASC? I'm wondering what you would have dialled your patches in on - for example if you had dialled them in on headphones then the ASC will probably sound very different to what you expect.
Yamaha DBR12.
The three amps I gravitate towards in rhe AX8 are the Bogner Shiva, Carol Ann CA2 & the Deluxe Reverb. They all sounded different in a negative way. I did however get an opportunity late yesterday evening to tweak and warmed to it. I’m confidant I’ll have no problem dialling in great tones, but it definately wasn’t instant gratification.

I find I definitely need to give my ASM some volume or else it sounds uninspiring....for each amp for each setting. Try giving it a little more volume and see how your presets sound. And it’s not window-shattering volume. Maybe 9 o’clock on volume knob.

I'd start a patch from scratch. I switched from my qsc to a clr and found it better if I just started over.

I've owned a couple ASC 12s for a few months and have gigged with them a lot. They are more "guitar cab" sounding than FRFR sounding. Night and day difference compared the CLR or EV monitors I've used. Typically engage the HPF and usually run it pretty loud on stage. I don't find it anemic in any way. Very ballsy and punchy with a balanced overall sound.

While I haven't needed to adjust it yet, the global eq is very powerful for matching with any loudspeaker set up. I also always create and tweak patches at a good volume if possible...Makes a big difference.

I have leave HPF on. On some venues I like it off, but then the bass player and sound engineer starts complaining about to much rumbleing lows, so I turn it on again.

And I get what you’re saying about not loving it from the start. It was the same for me. Even if it is built to sound more like a guitar cab, it’s still a monitor. And it sounds just like that; a monitor with a guitar cab vibe. The best FRFR solution I have found to date, but still a monitor.

You guys that are still using the ASC12, Are you building your patches with the ASC? How does it translate to FOH? curious as i'm trying to persevere but worried that FOH will be different. Are you taking a line out feed rom the ASC to FOH with good results?

You guys that are still using the ASC12, Are you building your patches with the ASC? How does it translate to FOH? curious as i'm trying to persevere but worried that FOH will be different. Are you taking a line out feed rom the ASC to FOH with good results?
I build mine on my CLR’s and send that signal to FOH via Output 1. I use Output 2 to send signal to my ASC’s or XiTone’s and use the Global Output 2 EQ to tweak my sound onstage if needed.

Wanting to order the asc-12. This is based on short experience with an HR108. I have a nice oversized 2x12 as well as oversized 4x12. After many post about asc-12 not being loud enough for bigger stages is it in concept a 1x12 cab? Maybe looking at it wrong. But it is 1 12" speaker. This makes me hold off on trying to get this rig finalized for a little while at least. Using cabs and a matrix I lose IR and cab sims subjectivity, as some mention. Will a matrix enable the traditional cab to push air like a traditional power amp pre amp rack rig always has? The friedman stuff is always awesome from my findings. Can't imagine 500 watts not working or being loud enough? 500 watts? How's that even a topic if it's truly 500 watts. Solid state ,ok so it equals 250 watts somewhat , still enough for anything short of a coliseum one would think, the 1 speaker in it thing throws me a bit. I do not want to invest 1k for a monitor or wedge to go on poles. Just not my thing , maybe the mission 2x12 would be more in line , 2 of those and and were only at 4k. Damn if I know. Its good to have choices and everyone likes different things. Maybe the asc12 will work. Need something to put a rack on so at least thats covered. I guess its ok sitting on the floor in ata flight rack/case

Back
Top Bottom