Friedman ASC-10 vs Mission Engineering Gemini 2

Vazzy

Hi all,

I was hoping someone who has used both of these frfr's could make a comparison and provide some feedback about which one they prefer!

Looking to buy one of these and I am lookin for a cab styled frfr. I've narrowed it down to these two but I was wondering how far away is the Gemini to the Friedman in terms of sound.

I've read the asc-12 has heavy lows (unsure about asc-10) and that the Gemini 2 is prone to breakdowns. Am hoping to hear from people who have used either or both.

Thank you kindly for your help!
Vazzy

Reactions: ESW
I've had the ASC-10 since early spring, and I was honestly super happy with it until I got a pair of Adam monitors last week. The form factor of the ASC-10 is great, it looks like an amp, it sounds good - but there's just no comparison with the studio monitors. It's got me wondering if I wouldn't be happier with something less 'amp-like' after all.

The other monitors everyone seems to love are the Xitone and the Atomic CLR Neo Mkii. I'm looking at both now as possible alternatives to the Friedman.

I've had the ASC-10 since early spring, and I was honestly super happy with it until I got a pair of Adam monitors last week. The form factor of the ASC-10 is great, it looks like an amp, it sounds good - but there's just no comparison with the studio monitors. It's got me wondering if I wouldn't be happier with something less 'amp-like' after all.

The other monitors everyone seems to love are the Xitone and the Atomic CLR Neo Mkii. I'm looking at both now as possible alternatives to the Friedman.

Hey ESW, thank you for the response! Just wondering did you by any chance try the asc-12 as well? And thank you for your input. It's funny how some people desire a more cab like experience, or the opposite and I believe you can't know what you truly want until you hear it in front of you as we are all different. Currently I'm leaning towards cab style but you bring valid points and maybe it's best to have both worlds :p.

Hey ESW, thank you for the response! Just wondering did you by any chance try the asc-12 as well? And thank you for your input. It's funny how some people desire a more cab like experience, or the opposite and I believe you can't know what you truly want until you hear it in front of you as we are all different. Currently I'm leaning towards cab style but you bring valid points and maybe it's best to have both worlds :p.

I didn't try the ASC-12. The reviews I read of the 12 were sort of mixed, and the 10 seemed pretty positive - plus, I wanted to have something more portable (which is another reason I didn't consider the Gemini). When I bought the 10, I was definitely looking for a cab-like experience. Now I'm not so sure.

I have an ASC-10 and an ASM-10. I like the weight of both cabs for gigging. They sound great live and just work for me. Playing the III live while monitoring in stereo is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom