Friedman 2018

Axe-Master
I'm working on leads for the new Ragdoll album at the moment and I'm loving the new Friedman 2018 for the tones. plenty of work and practice to go into this one but here's a little teaser of it so far.

If you'd like to try this preset I've attached it here, bundled with a custom IR. I'm using scene 4 in this video

Attachments

• LT THICC BE.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 158
I love the BE2017 for about everything at this point. I just reamped a rock and a punk album using the same patch I use for modern heavy stuff with different IR's and gain levels.

Hi Leon
I downloaded the preset and loaded it into the axe8 but the cab block doesn’t show any cab, it refers to user ir 124 which is empty
Is that the same or mix from your other thread?
Cheers
Dieter

Thanks Leon. Great tone. When I loaded 10 RC2 the first amp cab I tried was the Friedman 2018. It sounds killer!! Unfortunately, 10 RC2 has a bug that kills some of my song specific Moke presets I need for my cover band gig so I had to go back to 9.04 until they release the final v10. :(

I like how you're using that scale; very nice melodic phrases. I'm a bit slow, but on first listen it sounds like the Phrygian dominant scale ( 1, b2, M3, 4, 5, b6, b7 ).

I never had much luck with those models for some reason, but after seeing your video I tried the new one and it sounded pretty great right off the bat.

just loaded v10 .... because of your video, i went to that amp... wow... really great amp... cheers Leon....

Mark
(You Tube - canadianshadowrider)

Sounded really nice...can't wait to give it a try-been groovin the Friedman 2018 which is awesome. Bye the way what cab did you use to shoot the IR?
Thanks Leon!

Cheers guys! This one still needs a bit of spit and polish but the vibe is definitely the Phrygian ( friggen!) Dominant for an Yngwie/Marty Friedman kind of thing. I've been teaching one of my students the ending solo's for Hangar 18 and I'm falling in love with Marty's phrasing all over again.

I've found the new Friedman's sound really good at the stock settings (like the Atomica model) with the right IR. I've attached the preset bundle here; scene 1 is rhythm, 2 and 3 are rhythmic delay and rotary, and scene 4 is the 2018 Friedman setup for leads. Scene 5 is an alternate solo scene with the BE C45 which I really like too.

Attachments

• LT THICC BE.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 69
Thanks @2112 Leon! Great solo! Can't wait for the new Ragdoll release. If this solo is any indication, it should be awesome!

Cheers guys! This one still needs a bit of spit and polish but the vibe is definitely the Phrygian ( friggen!) Dominant for an Yngwie/Marty Friedman kind of thing. I've been teaching one of my students the ending solo's for Hangar 18 and I'm falling in love with Marty's phrasing all over again.

I've found the new Friedman's sound really good at the stock settings (like the Atomica model) with the right IR. I've attached the preset bundle here; scene 1 is rhythm, 2 and 3 are rhythmic delay and rotary, and scene 4 is the 2018 Friedman setup for leads. Scene 5 is an alternate solo scene with the BE C45 which I really like too.
This version of the Friedman is just deliciously satisfying. Seems they got the gain dialed in perfectly. I could do most of my regular gig with this preset.

Back
Top Bottom