Friday Night Prog

Narsh

Experienced
Started out just layering clean parts and this beast wrote itself.

I really enjoyed coming up with it and really hope you enjoy this one. I used my Schecter Banshee for this one who hadn't been abused heavily in a few weeks.

On a side note, I freaking love my AxeFX - the ability to take sounds from my head to a recording is simply blissful.

Narsh, I have mentioned this before but sounds like early Queensryche but the tone is better. Maybe the next level if they would have continued on the operation mind crime path before Empire which is still amazing at least to me. I think they were using the old ADA stuff.

Oh man, I love Queensryche. And thanks for the compliment.
Listening to it more and more I hear Queensryche and early Dream Theater stuff - like something from "When Dream and Day Unite"

Dude, how much time are you spending to record all those great songs. I was gone for a week and today I found 4 or 5 new songs. Every one sounds perfect! Great work man!

Haha thanks man.. I have a good setup in reaper so usually about an hour or so per tune.
Man I sooo envy you! I am working on my process and getting better, but it still takes a lot of time.
I used to write 90% of a song, then it was perfected with the band and finally a round with a producer, Doing all of this alone is very hard!

Kudos on your abilities, commitment and superb result!

Man I sooo envy you! I am working on my process and getting better, but it still takes a lot of time.
I used to write 90% of a song, then it was perfected with the band and finally a round with a producer, Doing all of this alone is very hard!

Kudos on your abilities, commitment and superb result!
Thanks Gira. I really just sat down one day and spent a few hours getting the sound I wanted then saved it as a template in reaper. There have been tweaks here and there over the last year or so but nothing crazy. It allows me to just sit and record as I please. All in all getting to where I wanted to be took close to a week or so but it was time well spent.

I still think that your prolific song writing requires more than just a template. That's you as an ingredient ;)

Back
Top Bottom