frfr's

skip

Inspired
where do most guys have them?in fornt of you or behind you or on a pole?im coming from a headrush 108 to a frfr with 1x12 sounds way diff to me thats why i ask.i useed the headrush on a pole behine me worked

Atomic CLR on floor in front of me. The downside is that the CLR has wide dispersion which is problematic for bandmates that stand near me on stage. I tried using a Headrush FRFR-108 in front of me. It sounded decent until the rest of the band started playing. Then I had problems hearing it. Admittedly, my band is loud and my hearing is crap. :)

Obviously it depends on what you are trying to do.

Put them behind you facing toward the audience if you want them to hear your speakers on the stage, to supplement the FOH sound.

If you are trying to reduce the stage sound spilling into the audience to let the FOH cover it all, then put them in front of you and give the FOH engineer a feed from your mix.

I had coupling issues when I placed it in front of the guitar. Better behind, if you play with high gain.

I used to have the QSC K12s but they were too much really. Nowadays I use a pair of Yamaha DXR-10’s which work great. At church we have JBL EON 12’s on the floor that sound pretty good too. At home I play through my recording rig and monitor on a pair of Adam A7’s.

Back
Top Bottom