FrFr upgrade

Zacflame

What would yall consider the next step up from an Alto ts112, something I will not be toting around but be leaving at church, for the ax8? If is there anything sub 500.00 price worth getting?

What would yall consider the next step up from an Alto ts112, something I will not be toting around but be leaving at church, for the ax8? If is there anything sub 500.00 price worth getting?
You can get a Friedman ASM-12 from Sweetwater for $750 if you call them & ask for it.

I know that this is a lot more ($250) then you were asking about & this is more of an FYI only. These sound incredible & very detailed.......& I am a fan-boy, so.....yea! You could try the B52 version that's licensed from the same company too? It's a lot cheaper, but they use a different driver & the cabinet is also a different material too. Food for thought broseph. ;)

Good luck Zac!

X

I use an EV ZLX 12P that I consider to be mid level as far as sound quality (when measured against the CLR or Xitone). They can be had for $350 at Guitar Center.

Yeah, just think about it - the Axe8 is probably the best pedal gear you can get, so why not let it shine and give it a decent cab - it would make sense for a long time...

You can get a Friedman ASM-12 from Sweetwater for $750 if you call them & ask for it.

I know that this is a lot more ($250) then you were asking about & this is more of an FYI only. These sound incredible & very detailed.......& I am a fan-boy, so.....yea! You could try the B52 version that's licensed from the same company too? It's a lot cheaper, but they use a different driver & the cabinet is also a different material too. Food for thought broseph. ;)

Good luck Zac!

X
Hey X hadn't heard from you in a while, figured you was on tour with Zaza, now that you carrying big guns:eek:, can you stand the Friedman up or is it strictly wedged? I would need it to project forward.

You might end up paying more when you have buy twice because you not happy with them....
True, but the alto sounds good to my ears, with the axe fx2, im not really a pefectionest , never have a/b against anything else, maybe just wait with until I get the ax8 and then take it to the music store and try it out.

The Next step up from an alto is def the EV ZLX. After ZLX you are then up in k12 territory or apparently the Friedman

I think it would be cool to go into a musical instrument store, AX8 in hand, and try all the different powered speaker choices available.

Good luck Zac!

X
Out of stock until Jan. 4th and they are $799

They're only $799 if you don't ask the sales guy for one at the price of $750! ;)

That's what I paid just by asking for a better price.

X
Wow! Good to know. I usually get a discount at Guitar center because I know a sales guy. I didn't know you could get a deal over the phone at sweetwater. Thanks

Hey X hadn't heard from you in a while, figured you was on tour with Zaza, now that you carrying big guns:eek:, can you stand the Friedman up or is it strictly wedged? I would need it to project forward.
Dude......They can be pole mounted if needed broseph! :eek:

I just ran the stereo pair on the floor in full wedge style for the biggest & fullest sound I've ever had on Friday night......

Um.......Yea......ah.....NO on the Zaza thing........But I am working on something pretty special that you will see/hear very soon my friend.

X

PS - Sorry I haven't posted as much, but.......I've been playing the $hit out of my new Axe Fx ii XL+ (& recording it)! :rolleyes::D

Last edited:
Wow! Good to know. I usually get a discount at Guitar center because I know a sales guy. I didn't know you could get a deal over the phone at sweetwater. Thanks
In my original post I tried to point that out........You NEED to call & ask them.......They treat each sale & person as an individual & different transaction.

Don't call & say "X-Mann got one for this price"........Just call & say "I'll pay $XXX for it" & see what happens.

Be polite & reasonable, then walk away (nicely) if they say "No".........Then they might even call you back 2-minutes later & say "YES"! :D

X

Sweetwater will usually match a Guitar Center quote, and GC regularly has 15% OFF deals/coupons.

So do the math on that ASM-12... $680.

On Friday I found an amazing deal (about 20% off) on a 2015 Ibanez S520, and they weren't able to match it, but they hit 15% just for asking. Don't waste their time hemming and hawing. Just be ready to buy and they will deal.

Love Sweetwater!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom