FRFR tests : Atomic CLR, Redsound RS-LG12A... and Boss Katana Artist

Thx for the reply, I thought of maybe getting the PASSIVE Redsound cab in combination with the PS 170...

If the Redsound is less flat, that worries me slightly as I dont want to create separate EQs for FOH and for the backline. Your take on that?

I remember that @Marco Fanton mentioned he didn't need to change any EQ for FOH when he uses the Redsound (active version I guess)…

Thx for the reply, I thought of maybe getting the PASSIVE Redsound cab in combination with the PS 170...

If the Redsound is less flat, that worries me slightly as I dont want to create separate EQs for FOH and for the backline. Your take on that?

I remember that @Marco Fanton mentioned he didn't need to change any EQ for FOH when he uses the Redsound (active version I guess)…
Separate EQs is not an issue : OUT 1 (FOH) and OUT 2 (backline) have their own global EQ. I often tweak OUT 2 depending on which monitor I use, or what level I play at

New demo, this time with the Powercab, using a looper in the Axe-Fx III, and the effects return of the Katana.

My favorite one is still the CLR - if only it wasn't so heavy !

The Powercab is good and comes close to the CLR in this video ; in real the difference is bigger. The Powercab volume was at max (sound was coming out low from the Axe output 4, I don't know why), but on the CLR and the Katana, it was only around 30 %. The Katana is usable but has too much low end resonance, and a more nasally sound. The Redsound is not a real FRFR speaker ; it works too but I miss the clarity I have with the CLR and Powercab, specially for clean tones and acoustics.
In rehearsals, with my Tribute to Pink Floyd band, I use the Powercab. But live I'll use the CLR(s)

Here I'm using the powercab, in tilted position

Back
Top Bottom