FRFR recommendation for Axe-Fx III (not the Atomic CLR)

I have a custom XiTone closed back 1x12 cab. It's basically the 12 inch open/closed cab but fully closed back and 2 inches deeper for more bass since I play heavy stuff and palm mute constantly. It's super neutral sounding like a studio monitor. Sounds good for anything and my SKB rack sitting on top of it makes it look like a real amp too. Only thing I would change would be for it to be maybe half an inch wider to be flush with the SKB rack I got for my Axe-FX after the cab was made. I go into more detail here: My new Xitone cab that I've dubbed "The Hammer" | Fractal Audio Systems Forum

Another option would be the Tech 21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe. I intend to get one just to see how it compares to my XiTone for the price. Been wondering about it since it came out years ago.

I'd recommend listening to an Electro-Voice PXM-12MP if you can. Small, light, powerful, onboard DSP to help with room correction, coaxial, etc. And not too expensive.
Do you use these ( Electro-Voice 12 MP)? I'm intrigued to hear someone report on them. Thanks

+1 For a 2x12 from Matrix; I made a post on here a month or two ago about the FR212A, after trying a bunch of FRFR solutions I can say it's basically the final boss of full-range cabinets, although a pair of Yamaha HS series monitors would be more practical and still sound excellent if you don't plan to gig.

Also, a note on you mentioning it's out of stock: It'll be that way indefinitely, I spoke with Andy when I bought mine and they keep it that way on the website on purpose because they like to build stock. If you're serious about one, you need to e-mail Matrix and they'll probably give you Andy's number, you can probably call him and have him finish one up for you.

Been really looking at a pair of Xitones .. to replace my old HPR122i's ...but I'm leaning towards the 12" open/closed back .
So , for those that picked picked wedge, what made you lean that way ..pro's cons ?

I just got a Mission Gemini wedge. My first FRFR for guitar modelers. Sounds nice and woody, but significantly darker than my QSC K12. Is that other's experience as well?

I just got a Mission Gemini wedge. My first FRFR for guitar modelers. Sounds nice and woody, but significantly darker than my QSC K12. Is that other's experience as well?
Does that one have the Empower knob? Make sure that's not turned down/off or you're losing the tweeter.

Interesting... When I compared Gemini 2 to Xitone and AccuGroove there wasn't much difference.
hey how's it going, so which did you like better Xitone or Gemini 2 : I bought a matrix GT1600FX so looking for speakers to match now

hey how's it going, so which did you like better Xitone or Gemini 2 : I bought a matrix GT1600FX so looking for speakers to match now
I liked the Xitones better because I felt like the Gemini had a bit too much bass.... but the Gemini was mounted in a rack case, so that might have contributed to it.

Both were passive and powered by Matrix amps.

I have a Friedman ASC-10 and it responds like a guitar cabinet—I forget I am using a modeler. As others have posted, the ASC-12 (or ASM-12 wedge) is boomy. On another note, the ASM-12 is HEAVY and awkward to carry, move, place, etc. I owned the ASM-12 for about a week.

I like the Friedman ASC-10 because it is compact, easy to move, and sounds great.

Any thoughts on best solution in Australia? Some of these favourites are hard to get hold of here.

Back
Top Bottom