• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FRFR Question

jw3571

Inspired
A few years ago I sold my Mark II Axe which I now realize was a mistake. I was using a pair of Yamaha HS8's, which I also sold. I'm looking to get back in and am trying to decide on which monitors to go with. Are they HS8's still a really good bang for the buck or should I consider something else. My other big question is do you really two or is 1 just as effective. I only play in my basement and not extremely loud which is why i've had a problem with tube amps. Any advice would be appreciated.

addedc

Experienced
If you only play in your basement, think about getting a set of powered monitors, like Adams. You will not only get great sounding guitar amplification but any music you play through your computer will have much better fidelity, too. You may also need to get a small, $99 Mackie or similar mixer so you can mix guitar and music. Total cost for a really good stereo set up is probably between $500 to $700. You can get budget systems, too.

Dazzl1113

Inspired
Regarding 2 v 1 monitors, if you're budget can handle it, I'd highly recommend 2 for being able play in stereo...its simply awesome. Though I don't own either brand of monitors, as you search threads you'll find the Adams are very highly regarded and I believe they are in a different cost/performance category than the HS8's. The HS8's for their price point are considered a popular and excellent option for properly monitoring the quality tones Fractal products produce.

addedc

Experienced
How do the Adams compare to the Yamaha HS8? What are opinions on having one or two monitors?
I have only played the Adams though I demo'd a bunch (that I don't recall) and liked Adams the best. If budget is tight you could start with one, but it will sound much better with two, especially if you are also using them to listen to and copy music. I was surprised at how much clearer parts came out in some songs I thought I knew well. I bought the cheapest Adams and while they are good, I think going a little higher would have been a better idea.

jw3571

Inspired
Thanks for the response. With my setup, if I had two monitors, they would just be right next to each other.

Top Bottom