FRFR Project Ideas

Kappalite 3012 is not a coax woofer, and you still need to choose a screw in tweeter for the KL3015CX-8. Design a crossover, enclosure, etc. :p

Kappalite 3012 is not a coax woofer, and you still need to choose a screw in tweeter for the KL3015CX-8. Design a crossover, enclosure, etc. :p

that’s why it is a project thread, ha
so go ahead and purchase one of those wrapped up cheap solutions with profit margin for your axe3...i’ll do something like this instead. :)
...but i’ll update the above links, thanks

Last edited:
look at the crown amps, the crossover can bi-amp, crossover, eq, compress, limit, etc....that is a cool project amp!

i could use this same amp then for discrete components, my old altec 15” duplexes, the above speakers, etc. !

The 12” and the amp together weighs 15.6 lbs.
The 15” and the amp together weighs 16.3 lbs.
...that is pretty light, no?

Fun sounding project, but certainly some deals to be had on used FRFR stuff... I got my CLR's for $600 each, shipped, and with free padded covers. I probably couldn't build anything nearly as good for that same money, and it sure would be more work (which can be a fun thing depending on how you look at it....)

Its kind of like DIY pedals... It costs me more to get the parts to build a clone, than I can buy a Chinese clone for, and it might not sound any better, but I suppose the fun is in the doing. I'm not doing it to save money, or save time, I'm doing for the sake of a project

Fun sounding project, but certainly some deals to be had on used FRFR stuff... I got my CLR's for $600 each, shipped, and with free padded covers. I probably couldn't build anything nearly as good for that same money, and it sure would be more work (which can be a fun thing depending on how you look at it....)

Its kind of like DIY pedals... It costs me more to get the parts to build a clone, than I can buy a Chinese clone for, and it might not sound any better, but I suppose the fun is in the doing. I'm not doing it to save money, or save time, I'm doing for the sake of a project

Yes, the fun is in the doing and most folks aren’t good at this kind of thing. That’s why I bought the Axe. :) But if you know what you are doing...a hot rod blows the doors off the stock car.

Finding all the different 12 and 15 inch coaxial types needs some thought still.

And you may even be able to get an FTX1225. I don't know who the hold up is in getting the f12-X200 in the USA but its beyond dragging. They announced them Jan 2018.

And you may even be able to get an FTX1225. I don't know who the hold up is in getting the f12-X200 in the USA but its beyond dragging. They announced them Jan 2018.

I bought the last remaining FTX1225's that were publicly for sale last August.... the ones at Parts Express are just now back in stock... some 7-8 months later.... It's a great speaker, though a tad heavy.

The F12-X200 is another whole story... I have 144 of them on order... since January. I'm telling ya, my Celestion sales rep has to have the patience of Job for all the times I have called him about these speakers!

Hello!
Big problem ?!
Marshall EL84 20/20 Power Amp amplifier is at my disposal.
What speakers should I get to get the best quality sound from Fractal AXE FX-III?
Thanks for the help!
- and good advice!

Hello!
Big problem ?!
Marshall EL84 20/20 Power Amp amplifier is at my disposal.
What speakers should I get to get the best quality sound from Fractal AXE FX-III?
Thanks for the help!
- and good advice!

Your question is off-topic for this thread. Please create a separate thread.

Looks like the Xitone cabs use the speakers mentioned in this thread...

-the active wedge:
—Eminence Beta 12CX Coaxial driver
—Eminence ASD:1001 tweeter

-the Michael Britt cab(pretty sure)
—Celestion FTX1225

the dayton amp xitone uses: 4.8 lbs
http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.ph...er-800w-2-channel-with-dsp-and-bluetooth.html

@MicFarlow ....good stuff sir ! :)

Correct on the speakers.... the amp though is a different story. The one in the link you posted is a newer version of the one I actually use. It is programmable to a point by the end user but the software they provide is rather limited and so far, it has not met my needs so I order the older version of the amp that I in turn reprogram. I've never used a single one stock as it came from the supplier. The older version I use is not available for sale publicly as Parts Express stopped selling it in favor of the new version.

Mick have you tried the larger diaphragm 2” Eminence PSD:2002S-8 1" Titanium Driver 8 Ohm and a passive crossover that is lower than 2500 hz say maybe 1600-1800 hz? I feel like it may be easier to get where im trying to go in the mid range if 1600 hz was more in the horn. I keep looking at the parts thinking I should buy and try but figured I would ask your opinion first.

Mick have you tried the larger diaphragm 2” Eminence PSD:2002S-8 1" Titanium Driver 8 Ohm and a passive crossover that is lower than 2500 hz say maybe 1600-1800 hz? I feel like it may be easier to get where im trying to go in the mid range if 1600 hz was more in the horn. I keep looking at the parts thinking I should buy and try but figured I would ask your opinion first.
I don't know but I am unsure how the hf horn is implemented in that design and that would certainly be a deciding factor.

Back
Top Bottom