FRFR monitor QSC K12 vs Atomic CLR vs Matrix

Hey guys i´ve been playing my axe FX XL with the QSC k12 monitor since 7 months ago.

Im not totally happy with the QSC K12 sound , would you guys recommend the Atomic CLR active Cab or any Matrix Active cab ?

Im open for suggestions, i play mostly with a loud drummer Progressive rock / Metal.

Thanks in advance

I've got two CLR's.

If you are okay with one K12, then one CLR will be fine. The CLR can get very loud without distortion.

If you are used two K12's, I would get two CLR's.

I rarely gig with two CLR's at the same time. But although I play with loud drummers, I don't play in a metal band.

Hey guys i´ve been playing my axe FX XL with the QSC k12 monitor since 7 months ago.

Im not totally happy with the QSC K12 sound , would you guys recommend the Atomic CLR active Cab or any Matrix Active cab ?

Im open for suggestions, i play mostly with a loud drummer Progressive rock / Metal.

Thanks in advance
I have the QSC K-12's and they are ok but the Friedman ASM-12's are very nice and much more guitar amp sounding. The
Atomic CLR's are a tried and true FRFR that a lot of members here swear by.

I have two Atomic NEO CLR's and I love them. I'm just a basement player have not gigged with them.

Thanks guys i got one K12 , guess i will be fine with one CLR .

May wait for the new Matrix FR12 active cab and hear some reviews,

Cheers,

I prefer my 2 - QSC K10s (stereo) to my active CLR cab.

The stereo just adds a new dimension to the Axe FX. And they are much easier to lug around. The CLR is a heavy PITA to move about.

I have the QSC K-12's and they are ok but the Friedman ASM-12's are very nice and much more guitar amp sounding. The
Atomic CLR's are a tried and true FRFR that a lot of members here swear by.

+ 1 to the Friedman ASM..

One thing to consider with CLR. After many glowing reviews on the CLR, (owned a QSC K10 at the time) I bought one recently that arrived defective. I contacted Atomic for a return and was informed the cost of shipping both ways was at my expense because I was "taking advantage of the 15 day trial period" as I decided I did not want to replace the unit with another CLR. I know it's tough to gauge overall quality of a product based on a unit that sounds like crinkling paper while playing it, but I wasn't impressed with the design over the other speakers I've tried. Had the unit worked, I wouldn't have even considered returning to Atomic but to be charged over $100 for two way shipping because the unit arrived defective is pretty crappy if you ask me.

I just want to let people know the deal, should you decide to try a CLR, be unfortunate enough to receive a bad one and decide to return it. Costly mistake...

One thing to consider with CLR. After many glowing reviews on the CLR, (owned a QSC K10 at the time) I bought one recently that arrived defective. I contacted Atomic for a return and was informed the cost of shipping both ways was at my expense because I was "taking advantage of the 15 day trial period" as I decided I did not want to replace the unit with another CLR. I know it's tough to gauge overall quality of a product based on a unit that sounds like crinkling paper while playing it, but I wasn't impressed with the design over the other speakers I've tried. Had the unit worked, I wouldn't have even considered returning to Atomic but to be charged over $100 for two way shipping because the unit arrived defective is pretty crappy if you ask me.

I just want to let people know the deal, should you decide to try a CLR, be unfortunate enough to receive a bad one and decide to return it. Costly mistake...
To be clear, your CLR arrived with an issue. As soon as we learned about it we promptly offered to send you a new one (and collect the one with an issue) at no cost to you. You declined the offer an opted to return it under 15-day trial period saying you changed your mind and decided you didn't want it. In that circumstance our policy is clear that the customer pays for return shipping. I stand by our policy. Thanks. -TK

I purchased a CLR over a year ago, maybe more, and it arrived damaged. I contacted TK and got a quick response, including
a phone call.
I returned it, a new one was sent. Very good service IMHO.

Cheers

I took the CLR route, nothing but good things to say about Atomic's customer support from over in the UK. First CLR arrived but developed a fault where it would occasionally cut out for a second or two, Tom personally rang me from the US and helped me troubleshoot the problem. Unfortunately it wasn't a simple loose connection, Tom had the unit shipped back and another one sent at no charge to myself. Unfortunately, the second CLR arrived damaged thanks to a rather clumsy courier. Tom then had another shipped to me and the damaged one picked up and I haven't looked back since.

When I did not go through PA -- I preferred the Matrix GT1000FX amp with two NL12 cabs .... Now that that I run my Axe through our PA (we have a full QSC system with a touch Mix 16 board) - I monitor myself with a QSC K10. The touch Mix lets me mix my monitor so I mix my Axe a little hotter than the rest of the channels -- I am very happy with the results.

To be clear, your CLR arrived with an issue. As soon as we learned about it we promptly offered to send you a new one (and collect the one with an issue) at no cost to you. You declined the offer an opted to return it under 15-day trial period saying you changed your mind and decided you didn't want it. In that circumstance our policy is clear that the customer pays for return shipping. I stand by our policy. Thanks. -TK

I disagree with this. I returned it because it was defective... bottom line. Had the unit worked, I'd still be playing through it today.

Reactions: Ole
My vote goes for the Matrix Q12a. Very happy with it: Great sound, not too heavy and bulky to carry around. My only complaint is the fan that a bit too noise for playing quitly at home. But this can easily be fixed if it really hurts. I have to admit though that I got the Matrix because they were easier to buy in Europe back in the days and I got a great price for a near mint used one.

Have you looked into the xitone offerings?
I can tell you that I've had a k12, and like the xitone 1x12 much better.

Back
Top Bottom