FRFR High Pitch Frequency

I use a Xitone FRFR cabinet which I love. However, can anyone tell my why almost all of the cabinets in the Axe-Fx seem to have a baked in annoying high pitch tone to them? Of all the cabs there are very few that seem to not have that high frequency pitch. F056 is one of them.

This is not the usual FRFR high frequency squeal that so many experience with FRFR cabinets due to the high frequency driver feeding back. I have no doubt experienced that. This is just an annoying high frequency that almost all the cabs seem to posses. If I'm doing something wrong in my settings let me know. Or if there is a common fix let me know.

As a result, I use very few cabinets due to this anomaly.

I use a Xitone FRFR cabinet which I love. However, can anyone tell my why almost all of the cabinets in the Axe-Fx seem to have a baked in annoying high pitch tone to them? Of all the cabs there are very few that seem to not have that high frequency pitch. F056 is one of them.

This is not the usual FRFR high frequency squeal that so many experience with FRFR cabinets due to the high frequency driver feeding back. I have no doubt experienced that. This is just an annoying high frequency that almost all the cabs seem to posses. If I'm doing something wrong in my settings let me know. Or if there is a common fix let me know.

Did you try lowering the high cut frequency in the cab block?
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=CAB_block#Low_Cut_and_High_Cut_Frequency

can you make a recording that shows this "annoying high pitch"? i don't feel like i hear anything like that on all the IRs from all the different manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom