FRFR Help

Lou

Inspired
I'm getting really frustrated trying to dial in sounds going FRFR. I've tried several types of modelers other than the axe-fx and the results are similar. I'm getting what I would call rockman sounding overtones no matter what sim and cab I use. Some just sound so bad to me. Currently I have tried a Carvin powered speaker, Mackie powered speakers (350s?) M-Audio studio monitors and Advent Stdio Monitors.

What am I doing wrong? I'm currently at 7.04 and planning to upgrade. Any gotchas I should be careful of there? HELP!

I should mention that the clean tones are fine for me it's when I go for gain that I find they sound overprocessed and unnatural. I like using the Mesa sims and it seems the only cab I like is the Recto 1. Everything else is just suckish. I realize some user cabs would be beneficial, but where to start?

Have you considered Fratomics? I don't have one yet but I'm considering it since the Fratomics appearently have a bit less harshness than the standard FRFR.

Having said that you should be able to dial in an FRFR tone on the monitors your using although perhaps with some extensive tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom