FRFR(Full Range Flat Response) Passive cab project...

Voivodian

Hi there! I've been lurking around since a while, searching in different posts to gather infos with the optic to craft myself a FRFR cab to use with Axe-FX Ultra and a QSC RMX 850 amp rack. I know this is a hot topic, and especially a relative one in term of taste and preference (and also points of view). But I would like to know what y'all think about it and what would be your advices/components choices and all. Oh and... just to mention. I play 8 strings guitar. Maybe it could be an important info.

First of all, I'd like a 2x12" speakers cabinet... but I'm not quite sure about which speakers/tweeter/horn/crossover/Ports I should use. I know that the cabinet's dimensions is an important value to take in consideration depending on which speakers you will use in it.

My first choice was the Eminence beta 12CX coupled with its ASD 1001 (x2) and its proper crossover, but after several readings, I can't say if it would be a good choice. Some say yes, some say no...

I saw pretty great reviews on the Matrix FR212 and I'd like to recreate this kind of construction, if possible. If someone has a better option or idea... I'm still not entierly closed to other ideas.

Anyway... I really need some help. I'm totally lost and I definitely need some guidance.

PS: I don't want to pay a fortune to realise this project, taking in consideration that if I simply don't buy a FRFR cabs, its because I can't afford it at all.

Your suggestions are welcome, guys!

Last edited:
The Celestion offerings pair better with smaller cabs, and is what Matrix was using if I remember correctly.

Mhmm I don't know but "Celestion" is a bit vague, I still don't know which ones to pick.... I need more a full detailed setup advice. Speakers brand/model and tweeter to pair with them, crossover... etc.

Thank you anyway vick1000! I appreciate.

If you or other guys know more about that.. I'd be happy to hear your suggestions.

I saw this settup on another forum...

Low / Mid Eminence DELTAPRO 12A
- Compression BEYMA cd10nd
- Horn BEYMA TD164
- Crossover BEYMA F212 (1.2kHz)

I don't know if I should use this since I'd preferably use 2x12" and this speaker model is too powerfull (400 watts, 800 program power), more than what I need considering I want two 12" for more presence. My QSC RMX 850 power specs are:
8 ohms EIA 1 kHz, 0.1% THD 200W
4 ohms EIA 1 kHz, 0.1% THD 300W
2 ohms EIA 1 kHz, 1% THD 430W
BRIDGE MONO MODE
8 ohms EIA 1 kHz, 0.1% THD 600W
4 ohms EIA 1 kHz, 1% THD 830W
Signal to Noise, 20 Hz-20 kHz 100 dB

I'd also considering buying another horn model, since this one is really expensive... like 99 bucks... I've seen another similar model, with the same construction material (cast aluminium) and the same dimensions and it was like 30$...

What do you think?

Tahoebrian5, well, its said that the HF compressor should be choosen depending the speaker you have. some mix are better and flatter than other.

Mhmm I don't know but "Celestion" is a bit vague, I still don't know which ones to pick.... I need more a full detailed setup advice. Speakers brand/model and tweeter to pair with them, crossover... etc.

Thank you anyway vick1000! I appreciate.

If you or other guys know more about that.. I'd be happy to hear your suggestions.

Google Matrix Celestion Coaxial

I just did and I don't find anything which link Matrix and Celestion Coaxial... do you have a link or something?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom