FRFR Coax monitor opinion

cool! glad to hear we have another FRFR option that may be worthy.
I'm kind of wishing I could find a powered wedge option out there that I will like so
I could get rid of my entire rack and real cabs and just run out to 2 wedges
something tells me I will not like the RCF NX option though
The Matrix GM50 is 1/2 of an 800 right ? if that's the case I don't want that either as I've heard from too many people say that the 1000
is much better than the 800 was for use with the Axe
the Carvins are passive, the C4's are passive
hm.................... what to do , what to do

Last edited:
Im running the matrix 800 and it kicks me in the chest with air it moves I honestly dont know what improvement the 1000 would make I guess more headroom.i was running a 4 x 12 Marshall dave mustaine cab and and recto 2x12 and the C4' s are just as loud but much clearer and it feels like I'm still playing through the cabs

intersting, well if I' need to go passive I'm going to wait for the Fryette power amp to come out
as the Mesa 50/50 I use (although I like it) adds a lot of color to my patches so I end up doing some serious EQing to
try and nullify what it adds.

so much for me not liking the RCF's doh...............
Big dog stilll likng those edges?
what's the stand you have your rack on I need something like that myself.

I love them i play guitar bass and sing so these are fantastic the have replaced all my rigs

On-Stage Tiltback A-Frame Amp Stand (RS7705) tiltback

thanks BigDog I ordered one of those stands today I am going to basically do my set up pretty much like yours except no power amp
now for my 2nd powered wedge..........................? what should it be?

On-Stage Tiltback A-Frame Amp Stand (RS7705) tiltback
That's a slick-looking stand. I've looked at these before, but I always thought they looked a bit front-heavy. How easy are they to tip forward?

That's a slick-looking stand. I've looked at these before, but I always thought they looked a bit front-heavy. How easy are they to tip forward?
The way it sits in the pic is very solid you would have to grab it with both hads and pull with force.
I think I reversed the the way it was it has a threaded hole on each side of swivel
Probably not making much sense in my description,youll have to experiment but bottom line is it is very solid.

thanks BigDog I ordered one of those stands today I am going to basically do my set up pretty much like yours except no power amp
now for my 2nd powered wedge..........................? what should it be?

Very cool I know you will like it

The way it sits in the pic is very solid you would have to grab it with both hads and pull with force.
I think I reversed the the way it was it has a threaded hole on each side of swivel
Probably not making much sense in my description,youll have to experiment but bottom line is it is very solid.
Thanks, Bigdog. I may have to check it out. I'm currently using a very low-to-the-ground Ultimate amp stand.

Back
Top Bottom