frfr cabs

Using it with a Kemper Power Head. Sounds incredible with the right IRs. My AXE3 is on a set of Friedman ASM12s, so no direct experience. Sorry.
I would think they would sound equally as good once set up properly.
Now that Kemper is coming out with their own FRFR speaker, I ask Celections Tech support about the differences between the Kemper Kone speaker and the F12-X200 and they emailed me that the X200 goes up to 20KHz, while the Kemper Kone speaker will roll off like a real guitar speaker. He comment that they should both do the plug and play into a cabinet, but you may need to provide your own hi end roll off via EQ with the X200.

Thanks for the response. I'm thinking on models that sound a little off, it may be a matter of finding the right IR. I'm journeying my learning curve.

I’m running two of them in custom ported 1x12 cabs and they sound awesome.

They are used with a Matrix GT1000 2U and an Axe FX III, the idea behind this rig was to get the most flexibility possible.

They sound great and unlock the massive potential in the Axe FX III.

They are ruthlessly transparent at times, for example they will reveal phase issues in multiple IR pairs very easily, if the pair are misaligned slightly you’ll hear it.

I think it also depends on what cabinet they are installed in, I have heard some people struggle with frequency response when they are dropped into a prefabricated cab or are swapped into a random guitar cabinet.

Mine are housed in custom spec’d cabinets with baffles, dual ports and acoustic wadding to tune the cab for the speaker which delivers optimal frequency response.

Back
Top Bottom