FRFR Cab Question

damo_512

I've recently got a Matrix FR10p and with my tone match presets it sounds quite boxy unlike my studio monitors. I'm new to FRFR but I thought the sound would have been almost identical to my studio monitors with it being flat and all.

My question is for anyone else with a FRFR cab or monitor. How does your presets and tonematch presets translate on the FRFR compared to studio monitors or FOH systems?

I've tried to tweak it with the global EQ for output 2, but I can't get the results I'm after. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I have the Matrix G12 monitors, and I have the same problem, they sound different from FRFR. I found the solution - I do final tweaks using my UE in ear monitors, they have the same sound as I hear from PA.

All monitors are not the same! Just because they are full range does not mean they are flat response or have correct phase and/or time alignments. I have always heard a difference (slight or large) when using or comparing different monitors or PA solutions it's just how it is.

Studio monitors are meant for critical listening at close proximity at fairly low volume levels. The Matrix is built for a different purpos so you really can't expect it to sound exactly the same. That said I have never read a post where someone has had this issue but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Trying another floor monitor would be a good way to verify this to eliminate any possible issues with the Matrix box.

The other thing would be to try out your presets on another set of studio monitors to see if they translate the same (without the boxy sound)

Back
Top Bottom