• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FRFR 5 inch vs 8

jw3571

Inspired
I'm close to pulling the trigger on Yamaha HS80 or HS50's as they seem the most bang for your buck. I only play in my basement and sit around 8 feet away from the monitors. Is it better to get the bigger monitor and not be able to turn the volume way up, or get the 5 inch and be able to turn it up more?

pat6969

Inspired
I have a set of 5's and there is plenty of low end, I couldn't ever see needing 8's unless you crank them up pretty loud. I know some guys like 8's but I dont see the need for bedroom playing.

manu68

Inspired
just in case, I have a pair of 8 inches monitor , coaxial
http://fluidaudio.net/products/fader-series/fx8/black

Maybe not the most expensive or well known monitors, but I am VERY happy with them and my axe FX II in my small music room.
I recommand them, (and will be happy to have some other comments from users here)
I have them on -6db on the front slider, and with OUT 1 between 9 and 12 oclock, it is already enough to "disturb" all the family in the house.
These monitors are indeed LOUD (and big )

Sixstring

Axe-Master
just in case, I have a pair of 8 inches monitor , coaxial
http://fluidaudio.net/products/fader-series/fx8/black

Maybe not the most expensive or well known monitors, but I am VERY happy with them and my axe FX II in my small music room.
I recommand them, (and will be happy to have some other comments from users here)
I have them on -6db on the front slider, and with OUT 1 between 9 and 12 oclock, it is already enough to "disturb" all the family in the house.
These monitors are indeed LOUD (and big )
These look like they would be good competition for the Equator D8's and from a price standpoint they are fairly affordable as well!

Top Bottom