Fretboard mapping

PincoTech

Experienced
This is probably one of the most condensed, and well explained videos of the fretboard, ive seen to date.
Definitely worth a watch.

I spent years learning modes etc back in the days of paper, from Al Dimeola books.
Everything is so much faster now lol

I can't watch at the moment but will.

Is there any discussion about mapping sounds (scale degrees) and linking your ear to the fretboard? If not then I'd ignore it.

I can't watch at the moment but will.

Is there any discussion about mapping sounds (scale degrees) and linking your ear to the fretboard? If not then I'd ignore it.
Yes.
The scale degrees, when committed to memory, and how it applies all over the fretboard.
He discuses the mood of modes, and how to traverse them in the same solo etc.
Fluidity in his approach has appeal to me.
Modern guitarists, especially the younger ones, have endless quick learning tools.
It allows them to learn at 10X the speed, of previous generations.
He's very articulate, in explaining the grand scheme of what he learned
I've devoted myself to new learning concepts, to catch up lol
If you want to train your ear, before diving into all the complexity, try the "Guitar Modes" app by Fonexis.
Choose only the modes and tonality that suit your style and genre.
Listen to them back to back to train your ear.
The app allows you to slow them down, and play along, and a TON more.
Once you've found what you love, try them in the "Guitar driller" app by Fonexis, which has overlaying and rotating chord progressions.
So many tools, and advanced learning methods, in the world of guitar today.
The best part is the inspiring tones of the Fractal, which make any guitar player want to play....... a lot.

I hope this answers your question.
Guthrie Govan's free tutorials on youtube are extremely good too!

I appreciate the share, I didn't know about this guy before your post and now I have some binging to do

I appreciate the share, I didn't know about this guy before your post and now I have some binging to do
No problem. My son (18) brought him to my attention. He’s young, just getting popular. With his obvious dedication, he could become another Jason Richardson (master of the fretboard).

Back
Top Bottom