Wish Frequency Range Sensitivity Octave Effect

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
Was recently viewing Mike Dawes' YT video regards the Boss OC-3 and OC-5 Octave pedal.

My wish is that FAS create an effect that allows your FAS device to recognize the lowest 2 strings (standard E & A strings) frequency range of these 2 strings and generates a -1 octave note whenever the E or A string is played.

This would be very helpful for creating a better walking bass line instead of playing standard E or A string notes.

Was recently viewing Mike Dawes' YT video regards the Boss OC-3 and OC-5 Octave pedal.

My wish is that FAS create an effect that allows your FAS device to recognize the lowest 2 strings (standard E & A strings) frequency range of these 2 strings and generates a -1 octave note whenever the E or A string is played.

This would be very helpful for creating a better walking bass line instead of playing standard E or A string notes.
What is supposed to happen if you play the A string at the 5th fret or above? Or on the D string?

It takes individual string pickups, “hex pickups” to get the tracking right.

What is supposed to happen if you play the A string at the 5th fret or above? Or on the D string?

It takes individual string pickups, “hex pickups” to get the tracking right.
Well, my wish was based on how the Boss OC-3 pedal has a polyphonic range sensitivity feature so that it detects the standard lower E & A strings. I don't know how the Boss OC-3 accomplishes this, but it does.

Mike Dawes plays his acoustic (which does not use individual hex pickups best of my knowledge) and sometimes uses the OC-3 for walking bass lines with his lower strings. The polyphonic range knob can be programmed to separate the lower 2 strings from the remaining 4 strings.

Listen to the first half of the video about the OC-3's ability, and see if what my wish is asking for makes sense now.

I would love an oc-5 model
Currently the octave 1 and 2 on the pitch block(octave divider) isn’t doing it it for me…

Overall tracking needs big improvements in the pitch block

My headrush tracks much better, but it took an update or 2 before they got it usable.

Back
Top Bottom