Frequency Interference

cdub

Inspired
I just received my Ultra & I am using it with an ART SLA2 bridged into a 4x12. When I try to use any of the high gain presets I start picking up what sounds like various radio stations coming through the cabinet. It is extremely loud & turning the volume completely down on the guitar doesn't stop it. It has pretty much made any of the high gain settings unusable.
In 20 years I've never had anything like this happen with any power amp, muti effects processor or head. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this?

Thank you for your help!

this topic has been covered a number of times recently.. try a forum search.

Have you tried it in a different room ?
What else [computer?] is running on the same circuit?
What kind of pickups on the guitar... ?

Thanks for the advice. Some of the info on other posts on this topic has helped. I don't have a computer plugged into the same circut, just a a few lamps & an alarm clock or 2.
I've used an ESP with Duncans & an Ibanez with Dimarzio Evolutions. Same result with both guitars, but like I said above some of the advice from other posts has helped to reduce the noise. Only had the Ultra a few days & I am still overwhelmed by the amount of parameters & tweaking that can be done so it looks like I still have a lot of reading to do.

Thanks.

cdub said:
Thanks for the advice. Some of the info on other posts on this topic has helped. I don't have a computer plugged into the same circut, just a a few lamps & an alarm clock or 2.
I've used an ESP with Duncans & an Ibanez with Dimarzio Evolutions. Same result with both guitars, but like I said above some of the advice from other posts has helped to reduce the noise. Only had the Ultra a few days & I am still overwhelmed by the amount of parameters & tweaking that can be done so it looks like I still have a lot of reading to do.

Thanks.

The RF can be very frustrating. The other threads should help you find it.
Two quick things to try...setup in a different room, try a shorter cable.
It's not the axefx...the RF has always been there, you just havent heard it until now. it's annoying as all get out- but you will find it.

Back
Top Bottom