Frequency comparison EQ type plugin (DAW)

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
I have Cubase Artist 11 and wondering what people are using to visualize the EQ spectrum of a track or all tracks at once. I know Cubase Pro has this plug in but I don't really want to upgrade to the Pro version just for that. Any suggestions and/or workarounds? I love the idea of visually seeing where there are competing frequencies...especially in the low end where things often get muddy with the kick drum and bass tracks...and seeing how much to shave off the low end on guitar as well.

I'm pretty certain the channel EQ in Cubase Artist will show the frequency display of tracks. It sounds like what you're thinking of in the Pro version is the Spectral Comparison EQ, but that does a lot more than simply displaying the frequency graph. In any case, Voxengo Span is a nice spectrum analyzer plugin.

However, if you are referring to the Comparison EQ in the pro version, note that it is not a plugin. What it does can't be done in a plugin, so you won't find any 3rd party plugins that do quite what it does. For example, Neutron does something similar, but being a plugin, it's a lot clunkier than the Comparison EQ.

Last edited:
Thanks @GlennO , right I've used the channel EQ and should perhaps just keep working with that. I wondered if there was a plug in equivalent to the comparison eq built into Pro version. I was looking at Izotope Ozone to see what kind of mixing /mastering benefits it may offer though I'm a very basic user of cubase. Nothing pro here, purely hobby...

Cubase has 40% off right now for upgrade to Pro so have to decide if its worth it for me

In that case, Neutron is probably the closest thing to what you want that you'll find in a 3rd party plugin. Ozone does plenty of useful things, but it doesn't really do comparisons like you're looking for.

Back
Top Bottom