Freqout sim (all units) how to do it with the synth block

I wonder about the input gate to you would want the noise gate almost disengaged I would think
Maybe switch channel from normal gate to OFF w Scene controller ?
Yes, I think a good option is to leave the input noise gate disengaged and put a gate/expander block after the input block and attach the pedal as a modifier of the threshold. I will try it now.

I worked the synth, per the original instructions, into one of my main presets and it sounds fantastic! After some toying around, I ended up moving it and connecting it into the signal chain before my drives. Extended the damping a little and raised the output. I really like this! Almost like an elbow at my feet. Especially with the 19 shift on lower strings. Thanks so much for the tips.

I have updated the preset, maybe someone likes it. The new things are in scenes 2 to 8.

SCENE 1
Scene 1 follows the notes with the pitch follower using the voice 2 of the block synth.
Shift jumps from 7 to 19 depending on low/high notes.

SCENE 2-8
Scenes 2 to 8 play fixed feedback, from A4 to G5, using the voice 1 of the block synth.
Control Switch 2 ON adds half tone to Scenes 2 to 8, playing fixed feedback from A4# to G5# using the voice 3 of the block synth.
Everytime Control Switch 1 is pressed, Shift of scenes 2-8 changes between 4 values: 0-7-19-24, so the feedback is a higher or lower note.

The preset uses tuning A=432.
For tuning A=440, you have to move the min and max knobs of the modifer of Frequency knob in voices 1 and 3 of Synth block., and set min=440 and max=783.99 instead of min=432 and max=769.34

Shift values (0-7-19-24) can be changed in the channel B of the Sequencer. It's also possible to reduce or increase the options adding or removing steps.

There are FC Per-preset for playing with scenes 2-8 in the preset.

Attachments

• DST FEEDBACK LAB.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Hi folks,

I am a bit behind regarding controllers, and I couldn't make this work. Do I need an external pedal to control this?

Hi folks,

I am a bit behind regarding controllers, and I couldn't make this work. Do I need an external pedal to control this?
no. try and follow the instructions in the first post. everything you need is there. you will need to set up a control switch as a preset override. check the manual if you're not sure how to do that.

a couple of people have uploaded presets in the thread. maybe try those?

You'd need to multiply min & max by 55/54 (440/432), not add 8 Hz (except for a starting value of 432, which goes to 440 either way).
Yes, you are right, Thanks for the info.I have edited my previous post.
I had in mind that 432 and 440 scales had a constant difference of 8 hz in all values, and there is an increasing difference in every semitone of both scales.

Hi folks,

thanks for thinking of me, but that link seems to be broken

this one? - Donation link

edit: no that doesn't work either, i think it has a time limited token. you'll have to use the link on my site. link in sig.

Yep both links were dead , went to site , thanks again for all you do :)

Yes, you are right, Thanks for the info.I have edited my previous post.
I had in mind that 432 and 440 scales had a constant difference of 8 hz in all values, and there is an increasing difference in every semitone of both scales.
I wonder if some of the new sustainer algos will enhance this effect
What if we ran the synth block
Into an analog sustainer before it hits the amp block

Then use a control switch group
So you hit one or hold 1 switch to turn on the synth and sustainer

I wonder if some of the new sustainer algos will enhance this effect
What if we ran the synth block
Into an analog sustainer before it hits the amp block

Then use a control switch group
So you hit one or hold 1 switch to turn on the synth and sustainer
What are the new sustainer algos?? I have no idea...

Back
Top Bottom