Wish FREQOUT pedal

That would be very cool
Especially with the ability to use expression pedals. Momentary on off switches ptich fx and modifiers

I also think its a different effect that isnt a copy of something already in the Axe

The Freqout could be a patentable application of a feedback reduction algorithm which can’t just be copied in the same way a fuzz circuit could... same as you can’t just duplicate the Kemper profiling concept etc

That said, you don’t need to run a bunch of log cables, just put it into a loop and set up a switch or exp pedal to control the send level to the effect, just keep the pedal engaged all the time. Mines been in the back of a rack for years now, works great and don’t need extra cords running to the pedal board. Honestly works better like this as you have more control over the effect send, can add things like a compressor block, delay etc just to that chain too.

Certainly agree it would be cool to have the effect in a block, but I don’t know if it’s really allowable to just go and totally copy something like that which is certainly a unique product in the market. Even if one could, I guess it could also be a question of if one should....

So you don't need a footswitch to engage the effect, if it's on all the time do you need to turn off the output of the block.does the feedback still swell in and out

I usually have the Freqout pedal set to Momentary so I can hold down when I want feedback on a particular held note. It makes me wonder if I can throw it in a rack and set up a latching switch on my FC-6 to accomplish this. Is anyone doing anything similar?

That's why I was talking about running cables from an I/O to the front of the stage.fractal simulates a lot of pedals, amps, rack units. dont see why they can't make a Feedback block and we could use an external switch to control it

That's why I was talking about running cables from an I/O to the front of the stage.fractal simulates a lot of pedals, amps, rack units. dont see why they can't make a Feedback block and we could use an external switch to control it

Or you could use the pitch and mix in the octave above which is essentially what a schecter sustainer has option to do

it was me who originally came up with the sustainer patch, which used the pitch shifter and a compressor to squeeze the note into a long sustain and bump it's pitch up by a 5th or an octave.

i was actually thinking about buying a freqout and watching some demos, i thought it actually sounded quite synthy at times....which got me thinking...

in a parallel row, chuck the synth block in and attach it to the input of the amp
set tracking to "off"
set type to "triangle"
attach pitch to the "frequency parameter" and set the start, mid and end values thus..
start 30.3
mid 62
end 93.7
attach a switch (with some damping) or your continuous controller to the level or mix of the synth block and set the max value a bit less than unity gain (about 15db works for me)
set the shift parameter to zero, 7, or 12

you won't get infinite sustain, because the axe will lose it's ability to detect the note pitch as it drops in volume, but you can get a few seconds worth

i was actually thinking about buying a freqout and watching some demos, i thought it actually sounded quite synthy

Definitely quite a few synth-like sounds in the Freqout. I use such a limited subset of these different sounds and can't help but think that Fractal could make a better feedback/sustainer sound-wise. The momentary switch is key to using this as an "amp feedback at-will" device.

I usually have the Freqout pedal set to Momentary so I can hold down when I want feedback on a particular held note. It makes me wonder if I can throw it in a rack and set up a latching switch on my FC-6 to accomplish this. Is anyone doing anything similar?

I do it with an expression pedal, but a switch could work as well, I use the expression pedal to adjust the level going to the FreqOut in the loop, with the pedal always on. When the pedal has the audio routed to it it is affected by its onboard controls, swell time etc, and I can get that effect just when I hit the pedal.

Probably will change it to using a switch, with a slight dampening instead of the expression pedal as it’s more of an all or nothing effect I find, don’t really send it partial levels for minimal effect, but I thought that would be cool initially lol

Also worth mentioning that the pedals are going for next to nothing used, places were doing them for $100 new, so the value in selling one may be less that it initially was, kind of just worth keeping it these days

I have a FreqOut in the back of my AxeFX III rack. It's set to "dry kill" and is always on. It's wired to output 3 and input 3, and I use a momentary switch on my MMGT10 to activate output 3. I get perfect long-sustain feedback onstage without even having a speaker cab.

I have a FreqOut in the back of my AxeFX III rack. It's set to "dry kill" and is always on. It's wired to output 3 and input 3, and I use a momentary switch on my MMGT10 to activate output 3. I get perfect long-sustain feedback onstage without even having a speaker cab.
Not to derail... I have similar setup. Are you saying you can configure it to be always on? Every time I power cycle my rack I have to make sure to push the pedal button once so it’s on. It’s set for latching.

Also, I bought @Moke preset for Rebel Yell. The feedback sim in that works great also. I would probably get by with that but needed some CPU headroom. So opted for the Freq.

Back
Top Bottom