Fremen's high gain "starting pack" bank - Firmware 13

Hi Freeman,
You caught my attention with your BE100 live rig that contains a harmonizer for the tune Rock You Like A Hurricane. My band is planning on covering that soon so I would love to use that patch. Here are my question specific to the song since I acttually haven't used the patch yet.

After I input your custom scales 9 & 10 into the axe fx which I did, I noticed there is a scale 1 set for the 2nd voice, is that supposed to be set to something as well?

Next question is what scale (9 or 10) is used for what parts of the song?

Last question is, are you supposed to play the higher or the lower part of the harmony, and are these set for E flat tuning. or standard, I play 1/2 step down?

Thank alot dood! You Rock!!!!!

After I input your custom scales 9 & 10 into the axe fx which I did, I noticed there is a scale 1 set for the 2nd voice, is that supposed to be set to something as well?
Nopes, I use X/Y on that block, Y being scale 10, X scale 9

Next question is what scale (9 or 10) is used for what parts of the song?
Check this :
Scorpions-Rock You Like A Hurricane - YouTube
018-020 : Scene 5 (Y of pitch block) - I use it for three notes only - the harmony for D is the G above
021-025 : Scene 4 (X of pitch block) - I use it for the remaining notes, the harmony for D is now the F# above

Last question is, are you supposed to play the higher or the lower part of the harmony, and are these set for E flat tuning. or standard, I play 1/2 step down?

Thank alot dood! You Rock!!!!!
I play the lower part. This is for E flat tuning.

Thank alot dood! You Rock
...you like a hurricane :p

No it is not ultrares ... Is shared in different location in this forum and of course in Fremen pack in Cab directory where He shares the free Ir that he uses ...

Where (GuitarHack "ThisOne" IR) ?

Freman, as always, amazing!
Thanks for all the interesting info.

Easy way ... I'm notte in front of my Pc.. axefx.fr French site where our forum fellow Al Grenadine have stored EVERYTHING there is about the Axe and on this forum ... Go to AxeFx Archive and then IR ... Is right there near others air from Clark Kent ... Is labeled GH THISONE.syx

I'm at work ... But I'm sure ... I picked it from there ... But obviously is in the Cab folder in the winrar Fremen file too in his blog

Here's a few excerpts from today's tweaking session
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151883048017245

Each preset will have 5 scenes :
1 : Basic rhythm
2 : crunch
3 : lead with drive as a boost
4 : lead with Para EQ as a boost + enhancer
5 : rhythm with Multiband compression for a more "produced" sound.

Each preset has the same grid with expander/gate (off in scenes 2 and 4), wha, compression (off in all scenes but can be used in scene 2), drive, 3 Parametric EQ blocks (one as a "before amp" boost, one for scene 2 to fatten the crunch and take some highs out, one for scene 3 & 4 to fatten the lead), multiband compression (scene 5 only), delay (X & Y), reverb (X for rhythm, Y for lead), enhancer. The amp gain is attached to scene controller 1 and is different in each scene ; reverb in gain is attached to scene controller 2.

The "same IR" version of the 56 presets is done. Fine-tuning the complete grid + gain in each of the 5 scenes for each preset took me quite some time... Now I'll test various IRs for a second version of each preset, which should be much quicker to do, as everything else is finalized. So the bank will have :
- 56 presets with the same IR, GuitarHack "ThisOne"
- 56 presets (based of the 56 above) with different IRs, using stock IRs

OFF TOPIC : I don't want to start a thread about that ; can someone from the US help me ? I would like to know how much would cost shipping one CLR Neo to Mauritius, via USPS or something else equivalent (DHL and other services like UPS and Fedex cost way too much) ; even by boat if it's cheaper ! I tried to find the information on the USPS website but got confused (English is not my native language). Tom King, of Atomic amps, is really busy right now so I'm asking this here… Thanks !

New demo :

Here I'm using DI tracks from other users, so I can focus on showing various presets/scenes and tweak them in real time.
The bank has 56 presets with the same custom IR + 56 presets with various stock IRs. Each preset use a different amp model and has five scenes :
1 Rhythm
2 Crunch
3 Lead with drive as boost (more compressed and aggressive)
4 Lead with parametric as boost (more dynamic, fatter sounding)
5 Rhythm with multiband compression for a more "record ready" sound

Scene controller 1 is attached to amp gain, Scene controller 2 to reverb in gain.

New presets are sounding superb mate! I thought that Cliff has converted the GH IRs to UltraRes? Maybe I misunderstood. I love what you're doing with the vocals as well.

These presets sound awesome! When are you planning on sharing this presets? I am willing to make monetary contribution. Thanks

Fremen,

As info, the only way to go via USPS (I'm retired USPS, for what it's worth) now is air. No longer offering the "slow boat to China" method. So the cost will likely be somewhat similar to the other services. I'll see if I can find you a good estimate and get back to you. I don't know how much they weigh, but I'm sure I can find that.

Cheers,

Lee

They don't seem to open for me on Axe-Edit.
Anybody else having this issue?

Also Fremen is the greatest person in the world.

Back
Top Bottom