AFIII Presets [Fremen] Rock & Metal pack

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Ok, so I can load these cabs and/or presets into any empty spot(s)?

I loaded this pack's cabs 1-29 (using Axe Manage Cabs) in the first 29 empty slots then saved. Now if I click on the cab block in axe edit then choose picker I can find them in user 1. I guess this is how I use these. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I feel stupid.

I guess I put this pack's presets (using Axe Manage Presets) in the empty slots starting with empty slot 384

Last edited:
No, this is not how it works. presets can be put anywhere. However, cabs needs to be stored at specific user slots.

My user cabs are numbered :

"0001 Vox mix" goes to user slot 0001
"0034 Mesa mix" goes to user slot 0034
"0079 Fender mix" goes to user 0079
and so on

if you don't put the cabs at the right place, you either won't have any sound, or won't have the correct cab used for making the preset.

just make sure the number matches and you'll be fine !

• Love
Reactions: J-C
You're going to love it. I'm having tons of fun with the Marshall/Fender/boutique models and firmware 11.01

• Love
Reactions: J-C
Existing presets works fine with latest firmware, we don't know when firmware 12 will be released, nor if they will affect existing presets - but no firmware since firmware 5 did. So now is the time, specially with the Black Friday sales ;)

In case you guys missed it : Vol 2 of "Rock & Metal" has been released.

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/axe-fx-iii-rock-metal-vol-2/

This pack has 70 presets (+ 51 IRs, including many not used in my other packs), for Axe-Fx III firmware 18.03 (older firmware not supported – version 19.00 also included). All the presets have three or more scenes, with rhythm, crunch and lead settings.
Amp models used : PRS Archon, Mesa Triple Crown, Soldano, CAE3+, Thordendal, Cornford, Engl Powerball, all the 5150 versions, Bad Cat, Cameron, Splawn, Carvin Legacy, Marshall JVM, plus a few Fractal Audio specific models. But, I also included a few presets using the Mesa MK amps, to reproduce some more sounds of a certain bearded guitarist from my favorite prog-metal band, using tone matching.

I just updated "Rock & Metal" (vol. 1, the original) to firmware 19.00. This update wasn't a necessity, however, I wanted to revisit all these presets with my new presets programming and tweaking method, which I used on vol. 2. I won't elaborate on this method, besides that it involves using a DAW with DI tracks of all my guitars, better monitoring system, use of reference tracks etc etc...

Back
Top Bottom