Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

Hi Guys,
I bought the presets for 30 bucks. I have no idea how to get them into my Axe Fx. I've used his presets before with rar. extractor, but this Dropbox thing is baffling me.I'm on a Mac. Can anybody out there steer me in the right direction? Thanks!

right click on the folder, select download (not a mac user here, there is right click in Mac, right ?)

Thanks Fremen!,, Awesome presets.....some many great tones.

Question: I am new, had my axe fx for about a month or so. On your preset > misc preset> Pinkfloyd G ctl (yek)** the out 1 clip goes red.....I am using a strat .....is this okay ....how do I adjust for this? I notice this happened before with other presets from the axe exchange.

image.jpeg

Is the EQ in your global settings flat ?
You need to lower the amp level, and in that preset, the synth level too

best cab packs for metal : FAS cab packs 7, 13 and 19, Ownhammer Justin York and OH 412 MES-TR. Start with the FAS ones, it may be enough for all your needs.

Fremen, same question for clean sound.
Which cab packs would you recommend for the beginning ?

I just read through all 18 pages (slow day at work). A couple comments/questions:

Any of you using Fremen's obviously awesome presets through real, traditional cabs? I have a Matrix 1000 and a Mesa 2x12. Thoughts?

Fremen, im glad you have an XL; maybe it will save me the confusion so many seem to have experienced. When do you think the XL presets will be available?

not soon unfortunately, I don't even have the time to play guitar these days. My goal is to release AX8 presets in April, and then XL version of the presets with the user cabs offsets

No problem. I'll just get the ones available now and work through the offset. :)

Expect a PayPal payment in a few minutes.

Question: I am new, had my axe fx for about a month or so. On your preset > misc preset> Pinkfloyd G ctl (yek)** the out 1 clip goes red.....I am using a strat .....is this okay ....how do I adjust for this? I notice this happened before with other presets from the axe exchange.
To keep the balance of every block in the preset, in case of clipping I just lower the volume in the output on the very right end of the grid.

not soon unfortunately, I don't even have the time to play guitar these days. My goal is to release AX8 presets in April, and then XL version of the presets with the user cabs offsets
Will Axe FX II MK I+II users get those presets aswell?

To keep the balance of every block in the preset, in case of clipping I just lower the volume in the output on the very right end of the grid.

Will Axe FX II MK I+II users get those presets aswell?
they will be in the same folder however they won't work on MKI/MKII. But they will be the same presets with only the user cabs offset so MKI/MKII users won't need them

Question to the master of these presets...Fremen...I want to update the FW to Q2.01...do you improvements with this fw release will have a significant impact on the presets ? or are u already working on an update :)
what do u recommend ?

Payment sent, I currently use your last presets pack, looking forward to testing these new ones out. I use the mesa rhythm presets a lot!

Hi Fremen,
Bought your presets last week, and finaly got a chance to check them out properly. Thanks alot, must have been alot of work!

I often see multiple "tone shaping" blocks in your presets, like a few PEQ's and MultiBand Comp. Although it's clear to me what they do, It isn't so much clear why you have these in place. Could you elaborate a bit on that? What are the use cases of these blocks.

Thanks!

I'm switching to an XL and thought I'd try to get the alternate banks installed. I don't understand the offset PDF fully, maybe someone can help. I've first imported the 3 alternate banks into the Axe FX 2 XL using Fractal Bot. Then I used Cab manage to import the free cabs you shared in a rar-file to User cabs according to the oddset pdf, from U0050 to U00147 (with some blanks).

But what do I do after that? Do I change cab settings in presets to get them to point to different Factory cabs? Am I supposed to fill up U0001 to U0049 with factory cabs in some way? When I open Manage Cabs and look at the F003, F004 they are not the factory cabs but the 1x10 Prince TOne AT4047 and 1x10 Prince Tone M160 that I think was put there when I imported the alternate banks with Fractal Bot. I simply don't get that part at all.

Edit: Example: the offset pdf starts with F133->U001. In my F133 there is a cab called 1x8 EC Champlifier I5. I don't knwo if that is factory or something that was put there when I imported the alternate banks with Fractal Bot. What do I do with this info F133->U001 ?

Last edited:
Hi Fremen,
Bought your presets last week, and finaly got a chance to check them out properly. Thanks alot, must have been alot of work!

I often see multiple "tone shaping" blocks in your presets, like a few PEQ's and MultiBand Comp. Although it's clear to me what they do, It isn't so much clear why you have these in place. Could you elaborate a bit on that? What are the use cases of these blocks.

Thanks!
most of the time, bypassed blocks are from older presets, I should delete them

I'm switching to an XL and thought I'd try to get the alternate banks installed. I don't understand the offset PDF fully, maybe someone can help. I've first imported the 3 alternate banks into the Axe FX 2 XL using Fractal Bot. Then I used Cab manage to import the free cabs you shared in a rar-file to User cabs according to the oddset pdf, from U0050 to U00147 (with some blanks).

But what do I do after that? Do I change cab settings in presets to get them to point to different Factory cabs? Am I supposed to fill up U0001 to U0049 with factory cabs in some way? When I open Manage Cabs and look at the F003, F004 they are not the factory cabs but the 1x10 Prince TOne AT4047 and 1x10 Prince Tone M160 that I think was put there when I imported the alternate banks with Fractal Bot. I simply don't get that part at all.

Edit: Example: the offset pdf starts with F133->U001. In my F133 there is a cab called 1x8 EC Champlifier I5. I don't knwo if that is factory or something that was put there when I imported the alternate banks with Fractal Bot. What do I do with this info F133->U001 ?
if you see a preset using F133, edit it so it uses U001. There's no F133 in my Axe MK I

Back
Top Bottom