Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

But how do I know what preset number it is since there are banks A to C and the presets don't have numbers in the names?

When you use Axe Edit, just click on import in the left top and select one of the banks (A, B or C) and in Axe Edit can see now all prewsets with numbers from that selected bank - very easy and just pick one preset to try out. ;)

But how do I know what preset number it is since there are banks A to C and the presets don't have numbers in the names?
It doesn't matter. Whatever cab number it calls for in the signal chain is looked up on the offset sheet and cross referenced to the Excel sheet.

yes the preset number doesn't matter if you look things that way. As long as you have the correct cab at the correct user cab location, you don't have to worry about that

I'm sorry for this guys. I wish it was much simpler. But I love so much experimenting with new IRs :) And it would be easier to understand if I had a better grab of English, which isn't my main language, to explain things

But once you've done this :
http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Movies/Sending_cabs.wmv
that is, sending the free cabs where they belongs, you don't have to worry about anything else, just use the alternate versions of the presets. The other versions are for more advanced users, who bought third party cabs and uses Cab-Lab 3 etc.

I'm sorry for this guys. I wish it was much simpler. But I love so much experimenting with new IRs :) And it would be easier to understand if I had a better grab of English, which isn't my main language, to explain things

But once you've done this :
http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Movies/Sending_cabs.wmv
that is, sending the free cabs where they belongs, you don't have to worry about anything else, just use the alternate versions of the presets. The other versions are for more advanced users, who bought third party cabs and uses Cab-Lab 3 etc.
No need to be sorry. Your presets slay. And as you say, once you figure out which cabs go where, the rest is easy.

Last edited:
These are straight Ownhammer mixes, so only Kevin from Ownhammer may have a screenshot :)

Doh! Sorry, I saw the word "mix" and assumed it was your mix, despite the fact I have all the Ownhammer cabs and should have realized that. I forgot all about the Ownhammer Mix folders.

I played until 05.30 A.M. without touching a single damn knob!
I could only try the ones with the free IR's. Tonight I'm going to gather the other IR's.
These presets are so good. I mostly tried the high gain ones yet, with my Blackjack C-1 (w. Seymour Duncan Blackouts).
Tonight will be the Strat night! :)

Ok I think I figured it out!! These are awesome presets Fremen. On an XL if I imported a single preset from the all presets folder, if it was a free user cab it comes up in the scratchpad, if it is a paid user cab then I see what cab it is looking for and then use the conversion pdf. Just confirming that is correct?

One thing I still don't understand is how I know which presets correspond to which numbers (so I can decide which cab packs to buy)?

Also - Fremen - if I want high gain tones (rhythm and lead) which cab packs would you recommend for starters?

yes that's correct !

not sure I understand what you mean in your second paragraph

best cab packs for metal : FAS cab packs 7, 13 and 19, Ownhammer Justin York and OH 412 MES-TR. Start with the FAS ones, it may be enough for all your needs.

My XL (and AX8) has arrived in Mauritius. I'll upload XL versions of my presets (with the offset) when possible !
Glad to hear it. I've used your banks in my Axe Mark I, but yesterday I got an XL so it was good to see you've planning to share the banks with the offsets

Back
Top Bottom