Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

Not to be flippant/ungrateful - I'm totally digging these presets (and a real bargin at $30!), however as a AXE user with real cabs this is a challenge/effort.

Is there a reason that the cabs are set to "mute" on Bypass (versus "thru")? It's something I have to edit in every patch - not a huge deal but it's tedious, and I don't fully understand "why". As a noob I might be missing something; here to learn from the best. :)

There's a global setting to disable cab modeling. On the front of the Axe click on the 'Global' button. Scroll down to Cabinet Modeling and set it to bypassed. This way you can just go through your presets and not worry about muting the cabs all the time... Hope it helps.

Tasty Gilmour tone and lead...also Just loaded latest Quantum, will buy presets soon. In the mean time,I just tried your free usa lead with the latest Quantum on my EMG equipped, LTD and was blown away by the harmonics. Best harmonics yet on the axe. Can't wait to dig in on the rest of it. Many thanks, Thibault. Good luck with the Floyd tribute band. keep the presets coming, as you really have a knack for it.

I am lost. I have an AX-FXII and I can't seem to get any of the free sounds. I have updated Ax-Edit and when I go to import I get silence. Any help?

I am lost. I have an AX-FXII and I can't seem to get any of the free sounds. I have updated Ax-Edit and when I go to import I get silence. Any help?
He uses free IR's and purchased IR's that are loaded in the user cab slots. If you load a preset that points to a user cab slot that is empty, you get no sound. Get the free IR's and load them into the slot he has listed. You will have to improvise with the rest of them since they are copyrighted IR's. Hope this helps.

Thibault I was surprised to receive your download so quickly. I was able to sample the alternative bank A presets, before girlfriend had a cow. They were juicy! I liked how you lowered the volume on these presets in comparison to your old batch. I had a hard time finding a preset I did not like. These were jam ready. Volume levels were spot on with my Atomic CLR monitors and EMG pickups. You really tuned these up with Quantum 2. I also liked the way they were organized. I presently do not have cab lab and all the commercial cabs, but that will eventually change. Although, the alternate batch was so good I do not feel the need to go that route anytime soon. My Initial impression is the amps and cabs are breathing better than ever.The feel and dynamics are also improved. I highly recommend presets, the price is a steal.
Cheers

When I've some spare cash I'll be buying these... for the moment I will have to put up with your last "free" release - which still sounds awesome though!

I feel like I may be converting these cabs wrong for my XL because some of the cabs correlate with empty IR slots according to the conversion PDF.

For instance, preset 4 of alternative bank A is "Shiva clean" and it's Y cabinet is showing as F139. According to the chart I would replace that with U007, but there is no cab IR provided that would be in that slot (since the free IR's provided start at U048). This is on several presets so I must be just tired and missing something.

Does the preset load OK in Axe Edit? If the preset is loading blank, make sure you're running the release version of Q2 and not an early beta. If it loads OK but you don't hear sound, then make sure you have the user cab set to a loaded user cab slot as machenmusic said.

Hey Fremen, I've sent you a private email earlier today letting you know payment was sent on the 6th at Paypal but hasn't been pick up yet. Don't know what happened, but you might check again.
Thanks

I've done so many videos now that it's hard to not repeat myself ;) I should probably do more using backing tracks instead of just noodling. I wanted to cover "Pull me under" - btw check the "Pull me under" tonematch preset, metal guys
I like the fact that you don't use any backing tracks, it's easier to hear the patch.

Back
Top Bottom