Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

Seriously Fremen, this pack combined with Q2 is outstanding, I've not messed with any user/commercial cabs as yet but you don't really need them, there are so many usable tones right off the bat using the stock cabs. I find a preset I like and end up jamming for half an hour and then switch to the next one and repeat. I've not played this much in ages!!!

Same here. The near perfection of the Mesa and Marshall varieties is jaw dropping. Thibault gets something good out of nearly every amp--so I'm torn between 243 lovers, so to speak. At first I had trouble with the clean patches. For my playing I have to switch off the compressor and up the level on most of his clean patches.

A little late here, but I just got these in the email and pulled the files up... absolutely outstanding. I've been using your presets for a long time now and you've done everything I've always wished was available. The alternate cab presets are a godsend! I love that you have a separate folder for the different types of presets(especially the 5-scenes which I immediately browse for anytime you update). Sincerely, your work/time is greatly appreciated and $30 is a steal when considering everything you've done!

So, some of these presets are only coming out of the left or right speaker... It's probably something on my end, but I've never ran into this problem before, especially with your presets. Any ideas?
Is there a stereo cab block with a missing speaker?

LOL! Im pretty much overwhelmed with all the choices and a profound lack of knowledge regarding which would be the best for me :)

I think the most important thing to me is to not think of IRs as better or worse, but what you like the most. Almost all the IRs being talked about around these forums are high quality and great sounding. You get hundreds or thousands in a some collections and one isn't better than the other, only a different sound than another. You find the one you like the most and there you are. I think there are some that may compliment one setup more than the other, but "best" and "worst" is subjective. What the IR packs offer is a fantastic capability for folks to chase tones that might be in their head or tones they are trying to reproduce.

Thanks for sharing the efforts of all your work, Fremen. While anyone can do this, not everyone has the time to dedicate to learning the Axe and how to generate such great tones. The fact that you kept it so affordable speaks volumes about your generosity.

The Satriani tone sounds great. Look forward to the Floyd stuff.

One question - is there a source for the free ASEM IR you're using? I've been a few around but not sure of the one you're using. Thanks again...

Money well spent (I received the Dropbox link within just a few minutes of sending - Guess I caught Fremen during waking hours ;)).

These presets are fantastic. What convinced me to buy them in the first place (besides the teaser video) was the free bank of patches on Fremen's blog page. They sounded great and translated to my setup with no tweaking needed, which never, ever happens to me when trying other user's patches. The best I can usually hope for is to find something that is a good starting point, then start tweaking from there. Not the case at all with the free bank, and that holds just as true with the 3 banks that Fremen is selling.

So to anyone unsure whether or not to take the plunge, I would say to try out the presets from the free bank. I you like them, you should like the pay ones just as much, if not more. :)

The Satriani tone sounds great. Look forward to the Floyd stuff.

One question - is there a source for the free ASEM IR you're using? I've been a few around but not sure of the one you're using. Thanks again...
I think the original ASEM recto was uploaded on the Andy Sneap forum. I did many mixes with it ; in the ones I used until recently, I added a Redwirez M160 and an old Ownhammer R121 (from the high gain starting pack, not sold anymore) to "unscoop" it, adding some mids. As I wanted to share my "Lead" and "Rhythm" mixes in the free IRs folder, I searched for free IRs to add to ASEM. The later is still the basis of these IR mixes, the other IRs I used are mixed at -12 to -16 I think, and I added some EQ too. So these two IRs are hybrids but as they work, it doesn't bother me ;)

Does this pack include the tone match collection you were selling with your album?
No, they were exclusive with the album

I probably missed it somewhere, but are these for the Axe Fx-II or the XL?
They works with both, however there's an offset with the user cabs for XL users (I have a MK I), they need to put my cabs in different places. There's a PDF guide for that

$30 well spent! The presets sound very good without any tweaking. So glad I can put my focus back on playing and songwriting instead of searching and tweaking tones. The expert has done it for me: All hail to the Fremen!

Back
Top Bottom